Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Twin Peaks is more revolutionary I think, but I first saw TP and the first 5 seasons of X-files back-to-back a few years ago and had to supress an incredible urge to set up a pirate radio signal in the middle of a forest.

Lotta people sleeping on E.R. in that discussion, watched most of S1 with family over thanksgiving and I was shocked at much serial plot was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Good time to explore all the other alphabet-files. Let's follow the agents covering the I-files investigating unexplainable or supernatural insurance claims.

American Dad already did this backdoor pilot

https://youtu.be/XwokSzNqPIY

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

redshirt posted:

Can someone successfully and succinctily summarize the "Mythology" storyline?
The black goo, the aliens, the bees, the abductions, etc.

I can't do it successfully, but IIRC the whole plot was a long term project by a group of humans working with aliens to create an alien-human hybrid. The aliens were the dominant partner in this relationship.

Am I close?

Mulder's sister was kidnapped by shadowy government agents on behalf of aliens to be a human lab rat but that sucked for her so she was kidnapped from them by angels at the behest of the christian God. Straight into heaven.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Poohs Packin posted:

s4e15 "Kaddish" which finds Mulder chasing a Golem through tunnels attached to a Hasidic shul. Wild stuff.

well time to stay out of Crown Heights for a while

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SRQ posted:

did x-files ever have The Drug Allegory Episode?
TNG and SG1 both did.

the Riker candy crush zombification machine is both real and a real threat to civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rumble in the famous mountains of the Bronx