Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I loved every episode I could manage to watch when I was a kid. I didn't care for much of the actual conspiracy stuff but I loved all the aliens and crazy horror stuff. Friends and I used to debate if it was based on actual events or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The Fall was good, at least the first season.

She also voiced her own parody character on the CGI animated show ReBoot, Data Nully.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

There are rebel aliens of the same species as the bounty hunter guys who sealed their face openings so they couldn't be infected. They were fighting the alien colonists, but since the alien colonists were working with the human syndicate most of their targets were humans or human/alien hybrids so they weren't exactly friends to humanity.

You know what never made sense to me? Scully and Mulder discover people and beings with fantastic abilities like controlling electricity, psychic projection, a legitimate genie, and none of them get weaponized for use against the world-ending alien threat.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You could call it "Task Force X"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

What do you mean "find out about Purity?"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Zesty posted:

Yep.

I enjoy finding all the Stargate actors as we go too.

IMDb returns 382 mutual credits. Even for two log running shows with an overlap in location that still seems above average.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

I'm the Indian guy on the little scooter with some gross power I can't remember. I think he crawls inside you through your butt?

I'm one of the Florida swamp people

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

When it aired on Sundays it was probably up against popular stuff.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I like that they threw Skinner an X-File of his own every now and then.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Two shows can be popular at the same time.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

What was the SG1 one?

The one where they get addicted to the bracers that give them superpowers? That kind of drug episode?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Scully attributes her hallucinations to some red tattoo ink in the tattto episode.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Zesty posted:

Was there supposed to be non-supernatural explanations up until season 6? Because most of the time it was just ghosts or aliens or the leechman.

Depends on the bar for "non-supernatural". Is a silicon-based fungus from Firewalker supernatural? Are killer wood mites from Darkness Falls?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

newts posted:

It always felt weird to me that Mulder kept pursuing this elusive, nebulous alien conspiracy when right at his fingertips he had a human leech, ghosts, psychics, time travelers, werewolves, random shape-changing dude, guy who could grow a new head, etc.

Part of that was his personal quest to find his sister.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

An X-files episode where Scully is concerned about Mulder's obsession with a lone fly in their office.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If anyone wants to check out a show that does leave it ambiguous if it's supernatural or not, check out Evil. The first couple of seasons, anyways.

The premise is kind of the opposite of the X-files. The Catholic church hires skeptical investigators to make sure things like demonic possessions and miracles aren't hoaxes and don't have rational explanations.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 7, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Pac and Cheese posted:

i got a little conspiracy for you guys, is pruane2forever david duchovny's son?

Either Duchovny or Rib Kid

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Outpost22 posted:

Who's this guy partnering up with Scully and why isn't he Mulder?

EDIT: Oh right Mulder's being held in an invisible ship with an alien bounty hunter(s?)

That's John Doggett, and his personal X-File is wanting to know if you've seen this boy?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Outpost22 posted:

So I that guy an "alien bounty hunter" or an "alien" "bounty hunter" ?

"alien Bounty" hunter

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Did Alf ever show up on the X-Files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I think I've seen exactly one episode of Millennium and it was the one about three demons having a chat over coffee as a framing device for an anthology of sorts.