Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

paddyboat posted:

I’ve seen MLS do a lot of dumb poo poo but this takes the cake.

https://twitter.com/mlsmoves/status/1735787449362604260?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Well then could we do away with this "Lamar Hunt US Open Cup" nonsense, and bring back the original Dewar Cup trophy (or rather copies of the original trophy) and rename it after the man who started it all.

Does the Stanley Cup have the same mystique if you change the trophy and the name?

I swear US soccer can't go a decade without trying to dump its history in the trashcan. We have a permanent sense of historical amnesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU