Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
2024 CCL CCC Draw

:rip: Whitecaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Some competition changes coming next season.

Can't wait to see IFAB shoot down the in-stadium VAR announcement proposal.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Does he know how not to do racisms? RB fans would very much appreciate it if he does.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Reminder that we still have no loving clue why Bruce Arena was canned but apparently everyone is cool with it now? :shrug:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The Houston Dynamo could very well be the last MLS team to win the US Open Cup

I guess this is one way to address fixture congestion...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I didn't realize this when I first read the news, but the Canadian clubs *aren't* getting pulled from the Canadian Championship accordingly.

Sucks to be you Canada, you still have to play those extra games.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The exact point of this move is to be noticed and (probably fail to) shame the USSF into fixing the competition.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Schedule's out.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-unveils-2024-regular-season-schedule

No movement on "almost every single match kicks off at 7:30PM local" unfortunately.

edit: Portland @ Seattle on Decision Day. That should be...fun...

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 20, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Miami are really going to take a bite out of the league now

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

2023 sure was a year, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlkgR0mYi4

Sartini should maybe stick to coaching though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

Switching from Crépeau to 2023 vintage Lloris who is still going to be more expensive is such a weird nonsense move that I for one hope those crazy kids do it

Update: they did it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I don't know what that logo in the middle is from, but I know exactly what they were ripping off inspired by:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

1) Royal Caribbean Cruise lines
2) at least it’s not cryptocurrency

OK, I retract my saltiness about ripping off the Reign logo.

And yes, yay to no crypto.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Colorado sign Zach Steffen from Man City, so :rip: his national team career

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh....fun....

Doctor Teeth posted:

can't wait to see what the mls version of the fail mary will be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxw1-Id91lQ

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Joey Saputo just hired the next guy he's going to fire at the end of the year.

DC and Minnesota still need coaches, and for maximum comedy DC should re-hire Wayne Rooney, qtiyd.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Say, you know how the Timbers organization has been fairly under-performing the past several years and had quite a few people enable/cover up multiple sexual assault incidents? Let's hire one of the people responsible for that!" - The idiots in charge of Sporting KC.

I'd say their fans deserve better, but...no.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

"Say, you know how the Timbers organization has been fairly under-performing the past several years and had quite a few people enable/cover up multiple sexual assault incidents? Let's hire one of the people responsible for that!" - The idiots in charge of Sporting KC.

I'd say their fans deserve better, but...no.

Update: The front office realized they hosed up big time

Still going to make fun of them for making the hire in the first place

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In more "does any team's front office actually read the news at all?" news, FC Dallas tried to sell Jesus Ferreira (e: in a transfer *he* wanted to have happen) to Spartak Moscow before the league reminded them how loving stupid making business deals with anyone in Russia is and nixed the deal.

If I were Jesus I'd be demanding a trade ASAP.

vvv I somehow skimmed over that line, but Dallas' FO still doesn't look good in this for not immediately shutting that poo poo down.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 26, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The league doesn't actually take much money from transfers these days:

quote:

Transfer and Loan Fees
The revenue share from transfers or loans for clubs is as follows:
  • A club shall receive 95% of the corresponding transfer or loan fee revenue from any transaction, after it has recouped all out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player (if applicable).

Usage of Revenue

The club's share of transfer or loan fee revenue may only be used as follows:
  • The club may assign up to $1,157,625 of the transfer/loan revenue as General Allocation Money. In the case of Designated Players, transfer/loan revenue may not be assigned as General Allocation Money. In the case of U22 Initiative Slot players, please refer to the section on U22 Initiative Roster Slots.
The remaining balance of the club's share (if any), and which cannot be traded, will be distributed by the League to the Club as cash.

I think the league was more concerned with things like "this would make us look really bad" and "all of those sanctions probably makes it hella illegal for us to actually receive money from Spartak in the first place".

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think I've actually seen something like that before

edit: In actual news, there will be a Spanish version of MLS 360 this season. Wonder what spurred that development...

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 29, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh yeah, Leagues Cup is still a thing.

:rip: Austin, Vancouver and Charlotte

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

unrelated note, I know Preseason Means Nothing but Miami's world tour is making me feel really great about their chances this year to be a historic embarrassment

Oh yeah, they have a preseason game today in Saudi Arabia. I wonder how that went...

...lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Looks like new kits are getting revealed today

Philly's is cool, Portland's is going to get all the pot leaf comparisons but is way better than their "Grandma's couch" abomination, Red Bulls' is yikes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Excuse me, that's 2018 Supporter's Shield Winning Coach (for the Second Half of the Season After Jesse Marsch left) Chris Armas to you :colbert:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Speaking of a mediocre replacement product, looks like we're going to have a US Open Cup format this year where MLS only sorta participates.

Shitshows all around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

2024 Thread

February/March GDT