Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Toney better catch the first flight out of town tonight otherwise they might find him facedown in an alley tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pat might have to play a road afc playoff game for the first time ever

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i think he was yelling at some coaches?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Rule of cool observed imo. This is way better

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Denver only one game out of first 👀

With a H2H game left and a win in the first meeting :eyepop:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

very poetic that Toney was the one that caught the lateral for the TD anyway

probably not in position to do so if he's lined up correctly

makes u think

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Chiefs need to find a QB who can get it done in the clutch

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

fishing with the fam posted:

Do you think they should have picked up the flag once they saw that the play was cool?

Yes

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
The Chiefs really Billsed that up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They miss a bunch of PI and holding every week but are on point to call back a cool highlight play because of neutral zone infraction

Lining up over the line is real easy to see and penalize, which is why you really shouldn't do it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

i think he was yelling at some coaches?

He was yelling at EVERYONE and I can't really say I blame him

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

The337th posted:

Chiefs need to find a QB who can get it done in the clutch

joseph flacco

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
bwahaha, screw the chiefs and their racist, hillbilly fanbase lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

he was even saying something about "offensive offsides" to Allen as he was walking off lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I thought the Chiefs were just toying with these other teams and are actually the same great offense

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

WaryWarren posted:

bwahaha, screw the chiefs and their racist, hillbilly fanbase lol

friend i have bad news for you about the average buffalo bills fan

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Mahomes receivers have directly cost the Chiefs at least 3 games this season, if he had an even average overall receiving corps KCs running away with the #1 seed rn.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They miss a bunch of PI and holding every week but are on point to call back a cool highlight play because of neutral zone infraction

Yeah cause it’s easy as hell to see an idiot lined up in the neutral zone while staring at the ball

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Mahomes receivers have directly cost the Chiefs at least 3 games this season, if he had an even average overall receiving corps KCs running away with the #1 seed rn.

Maybe he could learn from a certain Hall of Famer how to win 6 (5) rings without WR's

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ragnarok the Red posted:

maybe the chiefs should have given him one, instead of trading away the best receiver in football

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

StupidSexyMothman posted:

friend i have bad news for you about the average football fan

the rest of them still aren't rooting for that stupid franchise

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

That's what I'm saying. Like people can laugh at Mahomes all they want but the truth is any human being on the planet would be frustrated right now

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ragnarok the Red posted:

They do have the best tight end, it’s fair to call them at least average

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Toney better catch the first flight out of town tonight otherwise they might find him facedown in an alley tomorrow

He kinda lost the first game of the season too, he's just a very talented and very frustrating player.

I see why he's on the team, as in I see what they see in him. I also see why I don't really want him on the team and why Giants fans have so much fun with him being on the Chiefs now.

e: this is not to blame it entirely on him, there were plenty of ways this game could have been won that didn't include the dumbest penalty to take on one of the coolest plays to wipe it out. But he has a talent for sticking out with his mistakes.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Chiefs problem is not just that they’re receivers are bad but at least 2 of them (Toney and Hardman) are active fuckups.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

really queer Christmas posted:

maybe the chiefs should have given him one, instead of trading away the best receiver in football

It really is incredible, at least when the Cowboys traded away Amari they had Lamb up and coming. Chiefs are just kinda-getting-old Kelsey and a bunch of randos.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AndrewP posted:

I thought the Chiefs were just toying with these other teams and are actually the same great offense

You haven’t been watching their games I guess. Their offense has been a tractor pull.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Maybe he could learn from a certain Hall of Famer how to win 6 (5) rings without WR's

He basically already did that last time they won one.

WR1 was JuJu Smith-Schuster and he won a title. And it was the year after they traded Tyreek no less

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He basically already did that last time they won one.

WR1 was JuJu Smith-Schuster and he won a title. And it was the year after they traded Tyreek no less

Wow 1!

Let's see it done 4 more times. Only then will we call him elite!

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I'm ready to start to consider possible watching some football, maybe

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

whos worse tho toney or reche caldwell

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

really queer Christmas posted:

We won the super bowl without him. But you have to continue to maintain at least one passable WR after that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs were the scariest team ever with Hill, thank god they didn’t think he was too important

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

LMAO PAT

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it took a little while to roll around, but all that fan bluster about Hill missing the Chiefs more than they'd miss him sure is funny now

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It really is incredible, at least when the Cowboys traded away Amari they had Lamb up and coming. Chiefs are just kinda-getting-old Kelsey and a bunch of randos.

TBF I see what they did. They used what they got for Tyreek to shore up the D first, which seems to be working; Karlaftis and McDuffie are both really good young players. They need another offseason to really improve the offense which, while problematic in the sense that Kelce is getting kinda old, is kinda understandable. Skyy Moore didn't pan out, Rashee Rice did, it would've been borderline impossible for the Chiefs to keep firing on all cylinders after trading away Hill, and if they hadn't, their cap situation would be...oof.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Wow 1!

Let's see it done 4 more times. Only then will we call him elite!

oh its fun to see the patriots fans already retreating into nostalgia in order to cope

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

TBF I see what they did. They used what they got for Tyreek to shore up the D first, which seems to be working; Karlaftis and McDuffie are both really good young players. They need another offseason to really improve the offense which, while problematic in the sense that Kelce is getting kinda old, is kinda understandable. Skyy Moore didn't pan out, Rashee Rice did, it would've been borderline impossible for the Chiefs to keep firing on all cylinders after trading away Hill, and if they hadn't, their cap situation would be...oof.

the cap is fake, they just underestimated Hill's value and overestimated their competence at replacing him

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The337th posted:

the cap is fake, they just underestimated Hill's value and overestimated their competence at replacing him

I will literally never understand capology, so I'm willing to somewhat accept this premise but my general understanding was if they'd kept Hill they'd need to fill the rest of the roster with utter detritus/dudes off the street, which can work (KINDA) in the NBA, but is a lot harder in the NFL when you have 11 guys per side of the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

The337th posted:

Even funnier since receiver is one of the easier positions to draft well