Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you use edge to install web sites as apps?
Yes
No
What?
:chome:
View Results

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

I briefly used edge apps for outlook and yospos but then I realized edge is bad and safari 17 added web apps so now I do that instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

graph posted:

whats this now

File -> Add to Dock

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

graph posted:

i dont have that. is this ios only ?

Mac. it got introduced in Sonoma/Safari 17 (not sure which or if both are required)

e: https://support.apple.com/en-us/104996

why am I not surprised they gate a browser feature behind an os update? they do most hosed up things sometimes

shitface fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 11, 2023

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

prisoner of waffles posted:

I mean, slow rolling PWAs everywhere but especially on iOS seems like the most natural thing possible for Apple, given their market interests

true. it's not even a "they're taking their time so they get it right" kinda thing

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fart simpson posted:

its a their taking theyre time because they dont give a crap thing

probably more like "they're taking their time because web apps are good enough for a wide range of applications and App Store revenue will tank as soon as PWAs are widely available on iOS" thing

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

you asked for the pedantry you're doubtless about to receive

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fart simpson posted:

all? are you saying light room is a web app or using electron? want me to list more?

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fart simpson posted:

you don’t write web apps in lua

not with that attitude