Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

roomtone posted:

Apart from the first couple, I think my favourite episode was probably the one with the marriage backstory. I didn't see it coming and I think the betrayal was quite affecting, and typically disappointing. That her husband liked her being a fighter, but the second he realised she was better than him, he turned her in.

Did he though? For one thing she wasn't just a better fighter than him, she reveled in combat in a way that he was uncomfortable with, pushed his boundaries and insulted him for being uncomfortable with a naked blade duel, and kissed him with a sword to his throat. I'm not saying that justifies his response - using the word "monster" was a cruel lashing out, and giving away her horse even more so - just that they both hosed up there.

For another, the show very intentionally leaves it unclear whether it was the "mother" or the husband who turned her in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU