Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
https://twitter.com/NetflixAnime/status/1734422828521541999?t=E_EOtM0OLJSNev9vRtBFzQ&s=19

Sup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's fine, if we spend a year or two there we can haggle with the bubonic plague in the interim.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Same. First episode is clunky in terms of dialogue, enough that I still felt I was "giving it a little more time" as I went into the second. I can't tell you when during the second episode it is, but it seems to find its footing there. Then there are lines where you notice how good they are.

Never has much issue in the pacing, though. It appreciates the clap as much as the space between.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

kidcoelacanth posted:

the first episode going so hard on hiding mizu's gender til the end was very funny to me because her voice doesn't even come close to sounding like a dude. her cover is dogshit lol

e: this is not to say i think her voice acting is bad, far from it.

I went in blind and her first line made me double take while looking at the screen, lol.

My in-universe excuse is that a woman being a skilled swordsman is so outside the realm of possibility that everyone's just like, "Of course that's a dude."

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

nine-gear crow posted:

Even though female samurai, or samurai-equivilant warriors were a thing in Japan all throughout its history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna-musha

Sure, but the likelihood was way, way down in the Edo period. The women warriors of the previous generations were socially accepted, the women of Edo were barely considered human. To say nothing of them being elevated to the prestige of warrior.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

limp_cheese posted:

My right eye is gone and I eventually had a fake one made that has a rainbow iris.

I hope it's okay to say this is cool as hell.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This was one of the few shows where I was actively glad the lead was hetero. There was a nasty little possible subtext of "if you force your kid into [gender], their sexuality will realign to what's appropriate for that gender" and that was deftly shut down. Would definitely not be opposed to Akemi being gay/bi. It'd be nice for her to enjoy sex without it having to be a power play.

When I was a kid living in Bangladesh, I used to cross dress as a boy due to the (negative) attention a foreign girl gets in public. Even my kiddy version of "baggy clothes, hair kept tight in a ball cap" was liberating as hell. Unfortunately, even with binding, I was very obviously femme and switched to wearing a shalwar kameez with a dupatta over my head anytime I was out and about. But for the short amount of time I was able to pass for a boy, the world felt different.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Data Graham posted:

it looked like it was showing her bleeding through her clothes while working at the forge

Am I correct in reading that scene as Eiji noticing her trouble keeping pace and that he's already clued into her being female by the time she leaves?

Eiji wouldn't give a gently caress. He loves all his annoying children.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
CUTIE.
Is she flame point or full white? Deaf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Turpitude posted:

Pure white and not deaf, I was lucky to adopt her and her brother a few days before xmas. She is completely fearless

Good on you for adopting siblings! :3:

Mizu in London is where I wanna be. I hope she makes a couple of English friends so she can start to disassemble the idea that she's literally part monster. But also 17th century London was gnarly as hell and I look forward to seeing more slavish regard to period setting and costume.