Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
This show had a lot of highlights, but I was very disappointed by the ending.

(Final episode spoilers) I watched 8 hours of a revenge show, and got no revenge. They made Fowler an unbearable character whose scenes were torturous to sit through, and then denied the audience the chance to see the end of him, or the story.

After learning she needed to rely on her friends, it ends with Mizu just abandoning them, I guess? And heading for England, which sounds uninteresting.

There were a lot of ways to end the storyline, but “heroine takes the lying bad guy at his word and travels with him” was not it.

I didn’t love the show but it looked amazing and had some fantastic sequences. The flashback episode with her past was excellent. But the ending felt like a cheap trick to get people to keep watching season 2, and went against a lot of the character growth to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU