Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i don't really do "new years resolutions" - i'm more the type to decide i'm interested in something or want to change something and just do it - however, for the past few years i've been making some lists of goals for the upcoming year of just some basic stuff i want to achieve or complete and it feels good to organize my thoughts in this way and also tick a few boxes along the way. i mostly focus on hobby stuff but ofc it wouldn;t be strictly limited to that

some of my goals for 2024:

- i'm working on 2 miniature wargaming projects. one is to complete 2 english civil war armies for the game "For King & Parliament" + terrain, and play some games with them. the other is to develop a modular dungeon crawler board with 3d printed blocks, chiefly for "Frostgrave", but potentially for other stuff too

- we're wrapping up a d&d campaign that took my PCs from level 1-5. i'd like to keep the momentum going with the group and have another year of d&d, starting a new arc

- on that note, my 8 year old daughter who played with us a bit but bounced off after a while wants to play something simpler and Mouse Guard themed. best of all she wants to run the game or be the "MM" as she says ("Mouse Master"). i want to get this going soon too, since she's displaying an interest! going to play mausritter i think

- i want to do more outdoor climbing this year, try more of the local crags in our area, and break into leading routes in the 5.10a-5.10d range outside. oh, and way more pictures and video

- indoor climbing i'd like to top a 5.12- clean in our local gym. want to continue to progress that because i've had several setbacks due to surgeries this year

- i don't have any definitive lifting goals for 2024 specifically, but my broad goal is 1-2-3-4 plates 1RM for OHP/bench/squat/deadlift, and i think that might be achievable in 12 months if i stay on top of it, so we'll go with that

- my rx7 needs some attention. i need to clean out the engine bay, fix a belt squeak at high rpm, lubricate the window rollers, and do a general fluid maintenance in the spring when she's ready for the road again. i put this off most of 2023

- gain a bunch of weight. maybe 20 lb. i dunno i haven't decided for sure yet

interested to see if anyone else likes to set some goals or milestones for themselves in this way, and what they are. maybe inspire me to add to my own list since i'm not already busy enough in my own life lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My goals.

-play both these games with hot cocoa and give him poo poo if he doesn't work faster on these projects.

-beat or at least get close to the amount of hiking I did in 2021. Which was 270km.

-do more photography poo poo. Haven't done much lately and I gotta lean back into it. I want a new camera but I think I gotta justify it first by actually taking some drat pics.

-lose weight. Would like to be back closer to 200 again.

-gym it hard 6 days a week again. Hell yeah.

-I know I won't do it but actually start and put in some effort into a writing project I've had floating in my head for ages.

-topple the current government and instill myself as grand leader supreme

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

get rich or die tryin

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Bad Purchase posted:

get rich or die tryin

ive considered trying to use my 3d printers + fabrication tools to do something of this nature but whenever i think about it i realize that it's just work

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i just finished the post-production on my first full length album, and am coming up with my social media strategy to promote the music

so goal for 2024 is to be playing the better medium-size clubs in town by end of year, and perhaps plan a small tour in warmer weather over winter '24-'25.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm gonna take more naps, smoke more weed and somehow get super fit.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i am working on a fairly large project, scoring 12 audio fiction episodes at once, with a deadline in late january/early february and ive had a bunch of messy poo poo in my personal life going on, so right now im just trying to get that done on time and stay sane while doing so and i feel like if i add any other goals i'll topple over.

but i also want to build and launch a new website (partly done already), release a new solo album (~80% finished at the moment), and i need line up another project of the same size as the one im currently working on, in like the spring. i have three tours scheduled with a podcast/theatre group that i tour with but nothing at all booked after may, and i'd like to get a set together to do some solo shows as well. also put out another episode of my own audio fiction show.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 13, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

In order to trick myself, I started my goals for 2024 at the beginning of the month.

Working so far!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

more posting

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Two goons working on they albums on the first page.

Post ya Spotify, Soundcloud or band camp you cowards

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Saalkin posted:

yeah i'm pretty interested in these as well

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Less posting

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

More posting

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Eat Mor Chikin

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Saalkin posted:

https://disparition.bandcamp.com/

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Smugworth posted:

more posting

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Poop more frequently

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I've kind of just been waiting to die since college, and I think 2024 is my year

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'd like to become at least 40% more attractive, and 20% less of a dumbass.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

nope

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ive been stuck on the god forsaken city so long i want to see trees again. anyone recommend any good hiking / camping in illinois? also want to release music but ive been saying that for years so fat chance. but ill still try.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

I haven't felt that good since Archie Gammel scored against Holland in 1978

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m already perfect so thinking it’s time to “pay it forward” and help other folks achieve their goals.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m already perfect so thinking it’s time to “pay it forward” and help other folks achieve their goals.

come paint some miniatures for me

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

come over and end things with my wife please

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have some retirement questions TIA.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This is coming ffrom a place of true honesty but I agree and you are up there as one of my favourite posters.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

come paint some miniatures for me

Sure, if you don’t mind them all looking like

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Konar posted:

come over and end things with my wife please

Been working with her on this for a while now already, tell her I’ll see her Friday at the usual spot.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

I have some retirement questions TIA.

Retirement? Not in 🅱️’s economy pal.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

This is coming ffrom a place of true honesty but I agree and you are up there as one of my favourite posters.

Thank you saalkin, I appreciate the honesty. For my part I only believe some of the things smugworth says about you in the discord.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna crank my hog all day long.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Win the World Championship.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

numberoneposter posted:

Win the World Championship.

any of them or...?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

any of them or...?

World clowning championship

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Voting in the last ever in an American democratic election.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Bonzo posted:

Voting in the last ever in an American democratic election.

im happy the doomer brain posts weren't the first replies. first page is still unfortunate however

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

This is some good poo poo man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
no