Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Have sex with a man for the first time

I wish you luck.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Finally completing my plan to ruin Lowtax.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Forage for nuts and berries, find shelter, invent agricultural maybe

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Become a magician

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Steal from a magician

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Continue wasting away in the hopes of dying in my sleep

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

syntaxfunction posted:

My life plan was always "get away from lovely people and upbringing, probably die before 30" so everything is just icing right now.

Maybe I'll do some things, maybe I won't, who really cares?

My main goal is to practice violin properly and get good at that, and towards end of next year pick up another instrument or language. Why not, nothing matters, rules don't apply any more, it's chaos.

Also finish implementing the algorithms I designed and try to get the papers accepted into some journals. They're pretty neat I think.

having goals is good actually because it gives your life purpose. learning musical instruments seems especially fulfilling! i played guitar for 4 years in high school and at the end of it just decided i hated it lol. have always wanted to learn piano or violin but my life is too busy for the time dedication required to become actually proficient. do you practice often?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

having goals is good actually because it gives your life purpose. learning musical instruments seems especially fulfilling! i played guitar for 4 years in high school and at the end of it just decided i hated it lol. have always wanted to learn piano or violin but my life is too busy for the time dedication required to become actually proficient. do you practice often?

Goals and things to achieve are always good yeah. It's more at this point I am totally find setting arbitrary goals and being okay if it isn't something lofty or ambitious, because usually lofty and ambitious to people means "trying to make money" and that isn't appealing.

I've been playing guitar for like 13 years at this point, out of spite (I was told that music wasn't "for my family") and have gotten pretty good. Added bass soon after starting guitar (like actual bass, not a guitarist who was forced to play bass) and started piano a little over a year ago and have become half okay with that. Violin was the pick because it is apparently the hardest instrument, and I enjoy the stage of sucking at things. Also picking up mandolin because my friend wants theirs back. I can play ukelele and harmonica, but I never count ukes and I would not pretend I can harmonise the mouth organ in front of a player out of embarrassment of my skills. I like practicing as much as life allows, and that means trying to create a rotating schedule of practice. I can give less time to guitar, because I'm building up piano skills, etc.

I like learning new instruments because they force me to learn new ideas and approach music differently. Guitar had me playing punk, grunge, rock and metal, but bass directed me to funk and disco. Went to blues, and then swerved hard into jazz which is why I picked up piano. Started focusing my efforts on theory and composition which led to violin.

Sucking at instruments is the best part, because it's the time you're learning the most, and that rules. There's satisfaction in playing in general, but I had way more fun learning to get down open and barre chords than practicing my sweep picking.

Everyone should learn an instrument is what I'm saying. You don't have to be good, just find the instrument that is fun, whether harmonica, piano, cello, hurdy gurdy or bagpipes. It's good.

Fake edit: what a dumb effort post

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Presto posted:

I'm supposed to be thinking about goals for my job.

This is difficult because my only goal is "keep drawing a paycheck".

just lie to your boss its really easy.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pull the finger out, actually make that my whole arm.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

flubber nuts posted:

just lie to your boss its really easy.

Problem is the company is going to start tying raises to achieving goals.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

syntaxfunction posted:

Fake edit: what a dumb effort post

this thread is for effort posts

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Presto posted:

I'm supposed to be thinking about goals for my job.

This is difficult because my only goal is "keep drawing a paycheck".

Just pretend you care and make up a bunch of bullshit.
  • Be more alert for opportunities to maximize performance.
  • Tweak interpersonal workplace skills.
  • Smooth workflow to minimize nadir events.
etc. etc.

Actually why make that much :effort: just use an AI to write the goals for you.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Vampire Panties posted:

my personal life is such an unbelievable mess that my only goal for 2024 is 'get some money'

my only goal is to prevent this from happening with every fibre of my being

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

XYZAB posted:

my only goal is to prevent this from happening with every fibre of my being

challenge accepted :haibrow:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Vampire Panties posted:

challenge accepted :haibrow:

:haibrower:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

I've been playing guitar for like 13 years at this point, out of spite (I was told that music wasn't "for my family") and have gotten pretty good. Added bass soon after starting guitar (like actual bass, not a guitarist who was forced to play bass) and started piano a little over a year ago and have become half okay with that. Violin was the pick because it is apparently the hardest instrument, and I enjoy the stage of sucking at things. Also picking up mandolin because my friend wants theirs back. I can play ukelele and harmonica, but I never count ukes and I would not pretend I can harmonise the mouth organ in front of a player out of embarrassment of my skills. I like practicing as much as life allows, and that means trying to create a rotating schedule of practice. I can give less time to guitar, because I'm building up piano skills, etc.

ive been playing mandolin for about 10 years and while i've technically messed around with guitars for longer, i've only recently started taking my guitar playing more seriously. its driving me crazy. i started off as a pianist and learning mandolin was a fun challenge and interesting addition to my skillset, it didn't take me that long to get over the sucking part. but i feel like learning mandolin has made it harder to learn guitar because its so similar and i have a lot of mandolin muscle memory now when i improvise on guitar i constantly find myself accidentally falling into stuff that works on mandolin and does not work at all on guitar (except on the first two strings)

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 14, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
My road to self improvement and mental health in 2023 was challenging and fruitful and I intend to just keep walking down that same path

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I’m going to make my thumbs twice as long as they are now. Probably use some pliers or something idk

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I’m going to make my thumbs twice as long as they are now. Probably use some pliers or something idk

i can help with this

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

post more in the huge dumps thread

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

• Buy a house.
  • Lift some weights.
  • Publish some papers.
  • Go out and socialize occasionally.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
I dunno man
gently caress

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Find some penis enlargement supplements that actually work.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
encourage jimmyjams to post more I haven't seen him fart lately

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gonna look at the pigs huge balls more often

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Motorcycle track day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Read more Garfield.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I was thinking I’d install a small wooden door between my asscheeks and try to train my poo poo to knock on it when it wants to come out

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I poo poo myself last year, unfortunately. So I'm going to look at 2024 as a clean slate and try not to poo poo myself.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Get probed more

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Get probed more

setting a reminder to myself to start your year off right

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
:3:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

setting a reminder to myself to start your year off right

Why wait?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

its 2023 op

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I don't know what goals to set, I already accomplished everything this year :mad:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Larry Cum Free posted:

I don't know what goals to set, I already accomplished everything this year :mad:

run a new game+

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

discover the lost ark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
Goals for 2024 involve yall not being hecking chuds who do no growth. Yikerinos! Do. Better.