Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

this sounds awful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shame Boy posted:

it's definitely weirdo poo poo (Xathal i hope you're ok with that label cuz i think weirdo poo poo can be some of the most interesting poo poo) but i don't think it's insane. like i wouldn't be anywhere near as fascinated by it if it were full timecube-level incomprehensible angry schizophrenia, there's a lucidity and consistency here you don't normally get with internet nuts

All of this is unquantifiable, and it's a pathetic attempt to try to quantify something that is inherently unquantifiable. It's challenging to remark on this in good faith because it's like trying to explain smalltalk to somebody who can't even say hello to a cashier.

It's like that conversation that showed up again recently where a certain far-right weirdo billionaire was talking about colonizing Mars to some sycophants at a party, and one person "blew his mind" they responding that we ought to be concerned about genocidal artificial intelligences following humanity to Mars like some Warhammer 40K larper.

Bizarre, irrelevant solutions to problems that nobody is framing in this way, because most sane people know that dealing with truth and veracity -- trust -- concerns social forces that have nothing to do with what this solution proffers.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Expo70 posted:

you're also making a lot of assumptions here based in past experience so I think the odds are good you're seeing a pattern in those experiences and assuming this is more of that thing you have seen before

This is far, far from the first time this has come up on SA.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Expo70 posted:

So basically you're doing exactly what I said.

No. The one making extraordinary assumptions is you. Trivially.

fart simpson posted:

can i get a tldr

People who got high and read a bunch of buzzwords put together a chain of words that make absolutely no sense through the perspective of information and entropy. Even if you take the treknobabble at face value, which you can't, the proffered solution literally accomplishes nothing to establish trust.

I have an advanced degree in a hard science and actually understand the proposal sentence to sentence, word to word. I presently work in information security, on the technical side. I have actually written code that implements cryptocurrency mining and transactions and signs NFTs. This is all horseshit.

Edit: I also want to point out that the op meanders quite a bit into their experience with neurodivergence, I empathize with you there but this is just word salad by rent-seeking tech bros and you'd be better off without it in your life.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 15, 2023

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shame Boy posted:

it's all a single dude working out of a kinda shabby-looking house, sharing all the ideas publicly for free

I will admit to you that I have not literally doxxed the author. That's my bad (?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

imagine if somebody was trying to use TempleOS prayers as a watermark for trust

it's trivially defeatable, but hey apparently it deserves a thread