Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Expo70 posted:

i want what you've got. what i've got sucks. neurodiversity is not always a fun happy magical type with the elves where i can poof, synthesize things out of thin air. it hurts.

to the extent that deep abstract thought about complicated subjects is what we mean when we say human-like intelligence, if we oversimplify it as a single dimension from idiot to genius, it seems that the closer a person gets to the genius end, the more their self-awareness makes their life emotionally untenable. lots of mathematicians die by suicide, etc. if ignorance is bliss, then the opposite of ignorance is what exactly? therefore i believe that if we ever succeed in creating AGI, the thing will be too smart for its own good, and it'll just kill itself. maybe we're the best that nature can sustain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU