Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Al! posted:

actually seeing that they replaced the white guy pretending to be a black guy with a black guy who used to pretend to be a blind guy

Apu also just disappeared with no explanation. Probably some other characters too, like the Irish guy from the whacking day episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
They should have just replaced Hank Azaria with someone of Indian heritage so the character would stop being offensive because of its voice actor, like Aziz Ansari

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

theres an episode in the recent season wehre carl has to relate to other black people

lmfao

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Apu also just disappeared with no explanation. Probably some other characters too, like the Irish guy from the whacking day episode

apparently they had an ep that was basically a callout over Apu by his nephew (played by some prominent Indian American comedian whose name escapes me, and also escaped Mike Reiss when he mentioned it in an interview) from which point Apu abandons Springfield in shame never to return

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

They should have just replaced Hank Azaria with someone of Indian heritage so the character would stop being offensive because of its voice actor, like Aziz Ansari

they should really have leaned into it, turns out apu wasn't indian all along. dolezal situation. he's shamed and shunned by the town. character written out like that uproblematically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

marge simpson throat cancer episode

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

free julie kavner

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

its hosed up that 30 and 40 year old voice actors for beloved series in my life have aged to near their final years and betray it in their voices. its hosed up cause Im old now too. what bullshit

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

biceps crimes posted:

its hosed up that 30 and 40 year old voice actors for beloved series in my life have aged to near their final years and betray it in their voices. its hosed up cause Im old now too. what bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Yogd_fpko

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't think Kavner can play Patti and/or Selma anymore

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yiou should see this timely episode that came out in 2023

quote:

Springfield's in lockdown mode when a caterpillar infestation hits the town. Initially, the Simpsons plan to spend their quarantine using a streaming service. After Homer accidentally signs out of the app, each of the family members go off on their own at-home adventure. Homer and Marge have to hijack ranch dressing into their home from Flanders when it's the only thing Maggie will eat, Bart works with his friends through online video to help Principal Skinner retrieve his childhood quilt from his cousin Peter, and Lisa imagines herself shrinking down in size so she can enter the dollhouse given to her as an early Christmas present.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al! posted:

actually seeing that they replaced the white guy pretending to be a black guy with a black guy who used to pretend to be a blind guy

stevie wonder?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Put him in with the big white guy who thinks he's the little black guy!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
now were talkin

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh yeah thats right she raped him

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mighty Boosh did it better

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

really depressing. what kinda ratings this turkey getting? put it out to pasture

e: ok its getting trash ratings comparably but still strong compared to a bunch of the dreck on network tv. it may live a long while longer

Smythe has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Dec 15, 2023

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

did you actualyl watch it??

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

jesus christ just let it die

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

now we're talking

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Xaris posted:

he watches them all

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
He listens to Rush Limbaugh in a season 6 episode where Sideshow Bob calls into the talk show from prison

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

War and Pieces posted:

He listens to Rush Limbaugh in a season 6 episode where Sideshow Bob calls into the talk show from prison

That's Birch Barlow, an intentionally legally distinct entity :milk:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

yeah ive watched every episode from season 1 to 33

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sInxWyToF4Y

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The beloved animated series focuses on the eponymous family in the town of Springfield in an unnamed U.S. state. The head of the Simpson family, Homer, is not a typical family man. A nuclear-plant employee, he does his best to lead his family but often finds that they are leading him. The family includes loving, blue-haired matriarch Marge, troublemaking son Bart, overachieving daughter Lisa and baby Maggie. Other Springfield residents include the family's religious neighbor, Ned Flanders, family physician Dr. Hibbert, Moe the bartender and police chief Clancy Wiggum.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxm9bR1mxas

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

The beloved animated series focuses on the eponymous family in the town of Springfield in an unnamed U.S. state. The head of the Simpson family, Homer, is not a typical family man. A nuclear-plant employee, he does his best to lead his family but often finds that they are leading him. The family includes loving, blue-haired matriarch Marge, troublemaking son Bart, overachieving daughter Lisa and baby Maggie. Other Springfield residents include the family's religious neighbor, Ned Flanders, family physician Dr. Hibbert, Moe the bartender and police chief Clancy Wiggum.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao no can't say i do, but iraq war vet bart simpson teaming up with arafat to bring netanyahu to the hauge was something i did not see coming

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Lisa voted for La Riva but regretted it when she learned she was a TERF

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol remember in like season 3 when it was revealed skinner lied about being in the war or whatever and the whole town was like yeah okay we'll roll with it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Robo Reagan posted:

lol remember in like season 3 when it was revealed skinner lied about being in the war or whatever and the whole town was like yeah okay we'll roll with it

:spergin: That was season 9, and he was in the war, he just lied about who he was- they imply Agnes was aware from the beginning in flashback. The whole episode is a meta-commentary by the showrunners but I forget what point they were trying to prove exactly, though I don't dislike the episode overall.

I notice a growing trend of misrepresenting early Simpsons to make it seem like it was always a bad hosed up show which I see no need for given the dire state of the most recent seasons. The rot really set in by 12-13 so there's like 20 years of poo poo Simpsons to hone in on without saying the outermost fringes of the golden years actually sucked all along

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

The rot really set in by 12-13

:sam:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Private Cumshoe posted:

Lisa voted for La Riva but regretted it when she learned she was a TERF

lisa is 8 years old and cant vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU