Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
N: Raiders didn't score 70

V: :pathetic:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Is the bad man fired yet

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I feel so bad for Justin Herbert.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol chargers

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trilljester posted:

I feel so bad for Justin Herbert.

dude at around like 28 or 35-0 they zoomed in on him and he had this complete dead eyed thousand yard stare. it was great

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just Win Baby

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
You're almost free.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Genuinely spiteful by the Raiders to let up and only win by 6 touchdowns

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A team who lost a game 3-0 last week nearly in OT just put up 63 on the Chargers. No Herbie, but if that doesn't get Staley fired, nothing will. I hope and pray they fire Staley and give Herbie and the bleeding Chargers fans a glimmer of hope.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
For anyone who hates Brandon Staley, definitely checkout his post game presser.

https://twitter.com/VictorAlire11/status/1735524598253502827?t=Kw3OR-xsGP1d8g3dCnV_oQ&s=19

They are crucifying him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyone done a welfare check on Ross :ohdear:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1735514293876277389

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They are crucifying him.

Staley: "Sometimes you let a team set a new franchise scoring record right after they got shut out. Great coaches sometimes do this."

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean this is like the best possible outcome for chargers fans. There is no case that could be made to retain Staley at this point

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did people talk about how the raiders didn't score that much in their previous 4 games combined. i gues so. i was busy. the chargers are going to be pretty good next year

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cavauro posted:

did people talk about how the raiders didn't score that much in their previous 4 games combined. i gues so. i was busy. the chargers are going to be pretty good next year

The announcers put it up. 46 in their last 4, 63 tonight.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:lmao:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
This is what you get for not firing a thin-ice coach after blowing a 27 point lead in the playoffs.

I'm going to assume the Raiders now at least have the distinction of being the team to score the most points after being shut out the previous week, and the largest total score differential in 2 consecutive games.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Load bearing Herbert

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Docjowles posted:

I mean this is like the best possible outcome for chargers fans. There is no case that could be made to retain Staley at this point

Counterpoint: They're the Chargers, logic and managerial competence do not matter.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For anyone who hates Brandon Staley, definitely checkout his post game presser.

https://twitter.com/VictorAlire11/status/1735524598253502827?t=Kw3OR-xsGP1d8g3dCnV_oQ&s=19

They are crucifying him.

Staley might as well compared himself to Bill Belichick.

Which would've been funny as Bill might replace him.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Double posting for those that missed some real gems:
https://twitter.com/checktherhyme1_/status/1735508339352809787?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ
https://twitter.com/khaled74/status/1735509794013040811?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

These were back to back too weren’t they?

Both of those are loving incredible

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Relentlessboredomm posted:

These were back to back too weren’t they?

Both of those are loving incredible

That pick was one of the coolest I have ever seen, its too bad it was inconsequential.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah the pick 6 in particular absolutely loving ruled. It looks like a video game cinematic.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Cavauro posted:

the chargers are going to be pretty good next year

Congratulations, you've just cursed them yet again and have doomed SA2K to another year of heartbreak and disappointment.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Love the announcing there, Al Michaels on the fat man TD sounds bored as poo poo, Kirk on the interception being all 'there's nothing the QB could have done there' when throwing at a screen so covered that the defender was nearly past the lane.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pretty good chargers next time around.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He posted in the hot seat thread that basically he was happy, provided Staley gets left on the tarmac in Vegas. Addition by subtraction and all that. I'm not a chargers fan but he's completely correct, this HAS to be the last nail, and hopefully they can find someone competent this offseason. I'd hate to see Herbert wasted

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 15, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

mllaneza posted:

Staley: "Sometimes you let a team set a new franchise scoring record right after they got shut out. Great coaches sometimes do this."

Also Staley: "sometimes teams come within ten points of breaking the all-time NFL record, happens to every coach"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wasn't most of the scoring due to 6 turnovers? How is it the coaches fault if the players keep dropping the ball?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

supposedly staley didn't allow easton stick to hold a football for the 2021 or 2022 seasons or training camp, and the past couple weeks has been his first time using one in a long time. he's been forced to simulate taking snaps, throwing, etc. by going through the motions. staley's mantra on it was you have to earn the right to the football so some backups and most third stringers haven't touched one since he became head coach. stick has been practicing with a football for weeks so i'm not blaming staley for the fumbling but his weird mind games must have had some effect

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Cavauro posted:

supposedly staley didn't allow easton stick to hold a football for the 2021 or 2022 seasons or training camp, and the past couple weeks has been his first time using one in a long time. he's been forced to simulate taking snaps, throwing, etc. by going through the motions. staley's mantra on it was you have to earn the right to the football so some backups and most third stringers haven't touched one since he became head coach. stick has been practicing with a football for weeks so i'm not blaming staley for the fumbling but his weird mind games must have had some effect

what the actual gently caress?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Easton Stick's contract earnings this year: $1,232,500
Brock Purdy's contract earnings this year: $724,253

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Cavauro posted:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

what the actual gently caress?

'shitpost or staley?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Breaking in a backup QB on 4 days preparation was always going to be a tall ask, but woof