Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best bean?
adzuki beans
anasazi beans
black beans
goku
borlotti beans
cannellini beans
garbanzo beans
cranberry beans
fava beans
flageolet beans
great northern beans
kidney beans
lentils
lima beans
moth beans
mung beans
navy beans
pink-eyed peas
pinto beans
red beans
soybeans
hillary clinton
split peas
urad beans
yardlong beans
View Results

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

lentils are a gateway bean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

no....no!!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Beans

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bean saying this

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

this is a classic lovely Chili recipe so i approve

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wait just saw the ranch packets. they must be killed today

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Gravid Topiary posted:

lentils are a gateway bean

lentils are pulses like beans but they are not beans. you may as well call a pea a bean

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Hatebag posted:

lentils are pulses like beans but they are not beans. you may as well call a pea a bean

a pea is a bean

change my mind

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

a pea is a bean

change my mind

legume-chart.jpeg

although this isn't the whole picture because legumes include a bunch of crazy poo poo like mesquite, tamarind, clover, all kinds of stuff! there's a whole wide world of legumes!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Hatebag posted:

hmmm some bean bio-truths being trotted out here i see, quite troublesome

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Lentils ARE beans and beans are lentils.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

tristeham posted:

retard aids bean

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
anyone try butler soy curls

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Gravid Topiary posted:

hmmm some bean bio-truths being trotted out here i see, quite troublesome

these are beano truths

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Trubeanism is not welcome in the thread, we accept all bean-identifying species

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

why would a lentil want to be called a bean? you would deny the agency of the lentils!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lentils are good & deserve their own category. pls do not deny them their glory

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al! posted:

this is a classic lovely Chili recipe so i approve

It's taco soup.

Hatebag posted:

legume-chart.jpeg

although this isn't the whole picture because legumes include a bunch of crazy poo poo like mesquite, tamarind, clover, all kinds of stuff! there's a whole wide world of legumes!

This chart clearly shows not every bean is a pulse. Like the ground bean (pea nut)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

It's taco soup.

This chart clearly shows not every bean is a pulse. Like the ground bean (pea nut)

a pulse is the dried edible seed of a legume. peanuts and soybeans don't count as pulses because they have more fat. i don't make the rules but there they are

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i think soybeans aren't beans? god i don't know what to think any more. their name means "i am beans" for christ's sake!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

As a child I refused to eat refried beans because they look like poo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hatebag posted:

a pulse is the dried edible seed of a legume. peanuts and soybeans don't count as pulses because they have more fat. i don't make the rules but there they are

BERF

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bean exclusionary radical... foody?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

i think soybeans aren't beans? god i don't know what to think any more. their name means "i am beans" for christ's sake!

they are beans, do not believe so called bean scientists with their calipers and charts of bean shapes

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

soybeans are mammals since they give milk. Duh.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

stick to triangles dumbass

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Hatebag posted:

vampires like pulses

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
i just ate some bean enchiladas

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

titty_baby_ posted:

As a child I refused to eat refried beans because they look like poo

and now, as an adult, you look like poo

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

lumpentroll posted:

Take heed and learn from my.mistakes. eat the beans!

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

bean year in review:

main lunch the first half of the year was channa masala [1], [2]. solid bean lunch, first recipe isn’t very good, need to try the second

kale+bean salad bean lunch for the summer [3], ran out of mint from my garden. dressing definitely does NOT freeze ok. reserved for summer potlucks

currently: garbanzos con espinacas for lunch [4]. using 1:2 frozen to fresh spinach ratio. user comment on there about a version including cinnamon + nutmeg, need to try

exclusively chili [5] bean dinners when traveling for work. loaded a week of frozen containers in the hotel mini fridge … sick setup. can’t be improved upon

masoor dal [6] need milder dried chilies for this one

holiday bean dinner [7] very good. VERY beany, not for the faint of heart. first try, took my eyes off it for a second and thr broiler burned the poo poo out of the bread and possibly caused smoke damage to the house. worth it

tofu: made tieban tofu [8] perfect quick meal w/ some gai lan

miscellaneous bean dishes: some generic nyt poo poo that exists in infinite permutations on their site [9] and some tiktok recipe [citation needed] with cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and cannellini beans

areas for improvement:

working on a lentil soup [10], NEEDS a better stock than “better than bullion”, texture is too inconsistent with an immersion blender, need to batch blend half

still trying to cook a good kik alicha but can’t get it to taste like the restaurant — close to giving up

#1 tofu priority in 2024 is mapo tofu

would like to shift to dried beans to eliminate aluminum can liner microplastics from my diet, save $$, and try exotic confetti colored beans that someone posted about in the Covid thread but now I can’t find their post

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

ben

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

kreeningsons posted:

bean year in review:

main lunch the first half of the year was channa masala [1], [2]. solid bean lunch, first recipe isn’t very good, need to try the second

kale+bean salad bean lunch for the summer [3], ran out of mint from my garden. dressing definitely does NOT freeze ok. reserved for summer potlucks

currently: garbanzos con espinacas for lunch [4]. using 1:2 frozen to fresh spinach ratio. user comment on there about a version including cinnamon + nutmeg, need to try

exclusively chili [5] bean dinners when traveling for work. loaded a week of frozen containers in the hotel mini fridge … sick setup. can’t be improved upon

holiday bean dinner [7] very good. VERY beany, not for the faint of heart. first try, took my eyes off it for a second and thr broiler burned the poo poo out of the bread and possibly caused smoke damage to the house. worth it

miscellaneous bean dishes: some generic nyt poo poo that exists in infinite permutations on their site [9] and some tiktok recipe [citation needed] with cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and cannellini beans

areas for improvement:

working on a lentil soup [10], NEEDS a better stock than “better than bullion”, texture is too inconsistent with an immersion blender, need to batch blend half

still trying to cook a good kik alicha but can’t get it to taste like the restaurant — close to giving up

would like to shift to dried beans to eliminate aluminum can liner microplastics from my diet, save $$, and try exotic confetti colored beans that someone posted about in the Covid thread but now I can’t find their post

now this is some good posting, keep it up

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't like lentils much. Red are better than brown or green, I guess.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

kreeningsons posted:

bean year in review:

areas for improvement:

Thank you

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

stick to triangles dumbass

People who're smart in one area thinking they know everything is a universal constant.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

who wants to make bean thread gang-tagss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

lumpentroll posted: