Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best bean?
adzuki beans
anasazi beans
black beans
goku
borlotti beans
cannellini beans
garbanzo beans
cranberry beans
fava beans
flageolet beans
great northern beans
kidney beans
lentils
lima beans
moth beans
mung beans
navy beans
pink-eyed peas
pinto beans
red beans
soybeans
hillary clinton
split peas
urad beans
yardlong beans
View Results

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lumpentroll posted:

turkish style?

one of my favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Pitcher Witcher posted:

What is an easy bean I can grow inside?

Lima or butter beans

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/3-steps-to-growing-lima-beans-indoors

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
while this poll is clearly correct, they're not called goku, they're called "senzu beans"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

going to make some black bean soup with idk flank steak, maybe throw some great northern beans in for color. hopefully i can find some bean cakes to go with it

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

perhaps the most famous bean in the world, “the bean”, as residents of the Windy City have affectionaltely named it, has a new son. notably the new bean skin is held together by an internal cable system and not monolithic welded plates as in the og bean. congratulstiions to the bean

https://www.curbed.com/2023/01/anish-kapoor-tribeca-bean-sculpture-complete.html

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

eating beans

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
crumbling and pan frying some tofu to put on top of sweet potato with gochujang/butter mixture

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

had miso soup. good warm ben broth

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

having some great northerns tonight

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

having some great northerns tonight

criminally underrated bean

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
eated a recipe of pinto bean tonight

speng31b
May 8, 2010

just finishing off my day with some evening beans....black beans with a little sprinkle of white cheese. happy bean day to all

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Having some bean burritos to celebrate

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
Our freezer is kind of full of old poo poo so I figured I'd start cooking through it. It honor of bean day I pressure cooked some beans in the instant pot with some frozen chicken breasts, sauteed some peppers and onion after they were done, shredded the breasts, mixed that poo poo together and had tacos.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Had a delicious matcha mochi with red bean filling...

... but the black sesame one was even better.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

making garbanzo soup. the kitchen is suffused with the smell of roast cumin and garlic. two ben soups in one day. here's to ben

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://youtu.be/4YMIYyxVS1A?si=y_18b_VDvxGmJC4A&t=16

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpNL53mH2GY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozqdqnyusjw&t=35s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqeInTERC8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJ_jmTaZ3Q

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Bastard Tetris posted:

roll that beautiful bean footage

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Bastard Tetris posted:

roll that beautiful bean footage

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPUQRQMDEm0

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

reminder that now is the time to sew your snap peas and fava beans. I got a couple little favas growing. I don't think they care about frost. they're a little repulsive to eat but they're about the only thing that fruits that early, other than the snap peas

If you have the time and patience for it, you can do what my wife is doing with the bumper crop of fava beans we got from her mom last summer and make a gigantic gently caress off crock of miso with it. By the time summer rolls around again, we can jar it and we'll have probably four or five spaghetti sauce sized jars of homemade umami goodness, plus all the tamari we've been drawing off. The fermentation drastically changes the consistency and flavor, so if you don't like favas on their own, this is a good way to process them into something healthy and outstandingly delicious that will last you quite a while and improve many dishes.

Edit:

Also, my buddy wanted to help out with the Mutual Aid Monday meal distribution my wife and I do with our local DSA to feed unhoused folks at the park, and he asked what he could make that's cheap and easy to do in bulk and ahead of time, so I sent him a three bean salad recipe and told him to 5x it. 15 cans of beans and one crosstown drop off later and my fridge is currently housing at least 60 servings of hearty bean salad with onion, cucumber, and parsley to accompany the pile of cheese tortellini and red sauce some other folks are bringing. Beans rule, beans are great, beans are versatile, all hail beans!

SlimGoodbody has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Jan 8, 2024

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vive le bean

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

tristeham posted:

vive le bean

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

beasns

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

thinkin about thos

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

peanut butter's so amazing.

after the bombs drop and we're reduced to subsistence agriculture I think the biggest blow is that, even with global warming, it's still going to be too cold for me to farm peanuts

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

after the bombs drop and we're reduced to subsistence agriculture I think the biggest blow is that, even with global warming, it's still going to be too cold for me to farm peanuts

come down south, if you can handle the fallout

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

bought miso, gonna make soup tomorrow

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*awakening to a beanless world. realizing the bean was a coma dream hallucination*

*lives life anyway*

*dies, travels through a tunnel of bean to emerge in the afterlife which is bean*

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Just bought some fermented black soybeans, not quite sure what I'm going to do with them but I am sure it will be good, I love these things. Also got the black bean and chilli from old godmother

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
is that natto?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The fermented black soybeans are called douchi apparently

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The bombs will fix climate change

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Love making refried beans by cooking a few scoops of pinto beans in the instapot with salt, throwing on a few scoops of lard on to a skillet with onions and chiles, then beans, mash em up after a bit and they're absolute heaven. 45 mins gets a weeks worth of refried beans for us to eat for lunch/dinner and it goes with pretty much everything.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Love making refried beans by cooking a few scoops of pinto beans in the instapot with salt, throwing on a few scoops of lard on to a skillet with onions and chiles, then beans, mash em up after a bit and they're absolute heaven. 45 mins gets a weeks worth of refried beans for us to eat for lunch/dinner and it goes with pretty much everything.

refried black beans also turn out really well. very good in burritos. also, try using an immersion blender on them, makes em smooth as silk

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Made some lentil soup last week with greens and a leek from our garden, poo poo was cash, might do again today

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This delicious bean salad is extremely cheap and easy to make in large batches, keeps until you finish it, and seriously it's so nice just have a bunch of this in the fridge as a zero-thought healthy answer when you're feeling hungry for something tasty and filling but have zero desire to prepare anything. You can make it with whatever kinds of beans. I bet you could mix some brown rice or quinoa in with it and be off to the drat races. My friend made a huge container of it for our homeless food distribution thing and everyone loved it. God bless the almighty bean!!

https://www.inspiredtaste.net/46546/easy-bean-salad/

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

SlimGoodbody posted:

delicious bean salad
Gonna try this. Also need to pick up some lupinis to broaden my bean horizons. I've never tried them.

Had sweet red bean bao for dessert last night. Pretty good, but won't be a go to thing.

For a zero effort lunch, I sometimes like having some fat free refried beans on corn tortilla with some onions, cheese, and tamazula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

Never knew you could eat lupins. Looking forward to hearing what they are like.