Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best bean?
adzuki beans
anasazi beans
black beans
goku
borlotti beans
cannellini beans
garbanzo beans
cranberry beans
fava beans
flageolet beans
great northern beans
kidney beans
lentils
lima beans
moth beans
mung beans
navy beans
pink-eyed peas
pinto beans
red beans
soybeans
hillary clinton
split peas
urad beans
yardlong beans
View Results

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023
Making some red beans and rice tmrw. VERY excited about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Weka posted:

Never knew you could eat lupins. Looking forward to hearing what they are like.

Surprisingly horny and they usually steal your money later

Anyway I've been enjoying rice flour and snap pea chips and it's been great lately. Thank u beans

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

we used to eat lupinos when I was a kid. I had to ask the forums what their actual name was because I could only remember the slang of gleebet. they're fun to eat because you squeeze the bean and it pops out of the shell in an immensely satisfying way. I can only find one brand at the store, which isn't all that great, and they're always really old because no one buys them

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I'm sorry about you living in a bean desert. The international store in the nearest city has 6 different brands of lupinis across the mexico, portugal, italy, and middle east sections. Truly deranged. but I'm not complaining.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
had some soy today. and i might even have some more

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Weka posted:

got the beans. posting this report here andn on erowid.org

Yellow, they look like very yellowy limas. Texture: firm, waxy. Sort of like rubbery chickpeas crossed with baby limas. A little bit bitter like chickpeas but worse. Could go on a salad, but I would prefer chickpeas or cannellini.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

seize the beans of production

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

land for the peasants

to grow beans on

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023
Some Tuscan style white bean soup for lunch

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I've been eating a big pot of double black bean chilli recently, regular black beans and the fermented black soybeans. Pretty good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
11 more months until bean day

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Al! posted:

can't wait

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

forgive me father for I have sinned, the last time I beaned was super bowl sunday chili totchos

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

made lentil soup again last weekend and just finished off the leftovers. poo poo was cash

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Cupboards looking bare, so I had a bowl of baked beans with panang curry paste for breakfast. Pretty good. Hard to go wrong with beans.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Gf made vegetarian chili in an instant pot in a pinch last night before we left. It came out pretty well tbh

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://youtu.be/cIEts4HM0lM?si=EwQtRSVXSapLApmx

this song got me saying “A BUCKET OF BEANS!” randomly

Weka
May 5, 2019

I've been thinking about trying to find some bulk beans and filling a bucket or two. Harder than I imagined in NZ though.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Gf made vegetarian chili in an instant pot in a pinch last night before we left. It came out pretty well tbh

Instant pot beans are such a goddamn blessing

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

She used canned (were working on switching) so the instant pot was more just to cook the veggies really quick. We normally do chili in the slow cooker.

It tasted a bit different (not in a bad way) and I asked what she used to season and she said she just did cumin and then dumped half a mason jar of our homemade salsa into it. Ive never thought about that before but it does have most of the seasonings you'd put into chili. I wanna experiment more with it in the future

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Weka posted:

cool did not know that, they are invasive here though which is not cool

Weka
May 5, 2019

Megamissen posted:

cool did not know that, they are invasive here though which is not cool

I looked them up and they have only relatively recently isolated the arse taste from them in some specific cultivars so those ones are probably very bitter.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Yeah definitely don't go around eating random lupines lol

Don't go around eating random beans in general. Lotta hosed up wild beans

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

titty_baby_ posted:

Yeah definitely don't go around eating random lupines lol

Don't go around eating random beans in general. Lotta hosed up wild beans
some death beans look and sound really cool though. like locoweed

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
white bean confit with smoked paprika, garlic, and olives
https://www.burlapandbarrel.com/blogs/recipes/smoky-confitd-beans-with-olives

Weka
May 5, 2019

this it sounds amazing but I think that is too much oil if you are not trying to preserve your cooked beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Weka posted:

this it sounds amazing but I think that is too much oil if you are not trying to preserve your cooked beans

Agreed , It’s waaaay to much oil, 1/4 cup is enough
I suppose that wouldn’t make it a proper confit but that’s fine