Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
as someone who doesnt watch and will never watch roh tv im happy that unit is staying together because i hope to get to see them again someday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That was the loving worst LMAO

TK cannot stop himself

From having the dominant champion and ace of the brand continue to be the ace of the brand?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Real talk, that might have been pape of the year

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Great match. Would have preferred Billie to win. Fooches is ridiculous as usual.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Perfect opportunity to have Athena move to main roster and Billie have the belt for a bit. NOOOOPE

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Seems like people ITT just don’t like women being friends. Sad to see

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it's called being worked. stop getting mad that you got worked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great match, very funny to see people wonder why Athena the only person who gets buzz in ROH for her run of great matches keeps retaining the title.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

From having the dominant champion and ace of the brand continue to be the ace of the brand?

No. That the entire thrust of the first ever Women's FB Main Event was built on Billie not being a minion

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

abraham linksys posted:

as someone who doesnt watch and will never watch roh tv im happy that unit is staying together because i hope to get to see them again someday

No from having Billie's character regress by happily going back to her bully

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. That the entire thrust of the first ever Women's FB Main Event was built on Billie not being a minion

Feel like a lot of it was built up on how Athena made Billie more violent and aggressive and hey Billie might just recognize she's better off, and we fans get the act we love back together.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Power Windows posted:

as someone who was also 19 once i find this incredibly relatable

not an age known for good life decisions. friendships, relationships, career choices, apron bumps, etc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Power Windows posted:

Athena isn't just a one dimensional bully they all kind of like each other too, and Athena was actually proud Billie started becoming a psycho.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Billie winning would have been more satisfying in the moment but the thing about these big epic Athena title matches is that it's easy to forget how much heavy lifting Athena is doing / how much less compelling an actual Billie title reign might be at this point in time

I personally don't really care about ROH as an entity and am eager to see Athena drop her title and move onto programming I watch with much more regularity, but I also cannot blame the booking for catering to people who might actually watch on a weekly basis

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

billie continuing to want to train under athena makes way more sense to me than why the hell 27-year old wheeler yuta keeps hanging out with three old guys who beat him up and make fun of him and never help him win matches

xbilkis posted:

I personally don't really care about ROH as an entity and am eager to see Athena drop her title and move onto programming I watch with much more regularity, but I also cannot blame the booking for catering to people who might actually watch on a weekly basis

i mean we've seen with every other roh title that having the women's championship is not what's keeping athena off aew tv, it's tony not wanting to put more than one women's division storyline on tv a week

eddie's on tv, joe was tv, wheeler's on tv, even the mogul embassy has gotten more aew tv time than athena

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like people had these same thoughts about Willow not winning at DBD and it turned out that the next program Athena was doing was extremely good so I am willing to wait to see where things go from here! Megan Bayne returning from STARDOM, Serena Deeb, Thunder Rosa, Yuka Sakazaki, all good options.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

abraham linksys posted:

billie continuing to want to train under athena makes way more sense to me than why the hell 27-year old wheeler yuta keeps hanging out with three old guys who beat him up and make fun of him and never help him win matches

He's a loser idiot who sucks and thinks it makes him cool. He brags to his chill former friends about how now he spends all his time getting choked out

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

xbilkis posted:

He's a loser idiot who sucks and thinks it makes him cool. He brags to his chill former friends about how now he spends all his time getting choked out

I alluded to it earlier but it’s great that Yuta is becoming his own little psycho in the BCC. He’s being dirtier than any of his mentors and I hope it’s leading to an angle of “the BCC have created something they can’t control”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WHEN SCRUM

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm goin to sCRUM!!!!

Tony is here

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NOW SCRUM

IT'S SO LOUD

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

It would be equally stupid if they went out of their way to build an ENTIRE PPV MAIN EVENT around Wheeler wanting respect from them, they didn't give it to him, and he just memoryholed months of storytelling

Pretty much all of the beats in a vacuum are fine except the fact that Athena LITERALLY still called her a minion and she just goes "D'okay! :D"

Hell the BCC loving STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE because once Wheeler had those banger matches with Mox and Bryan they literally respected him. Claudio bullies him, but he's really the only one.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It would be equally stupid if they went out of their way to build an ENTIRE PPV MAIN EVENT around Wheeler wanting respect from them, they didn't give it to him, and he just memoryholed months of storytelling

Pretty much all of the beats in a vacuum are fine except the fact that Athena LITERALLY still called her a minion and she just goes "D'okay! :D"

It's a term of endearment from Athena. She really likes that franchise.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

It's a term of endearment from Athena. She really likes that franchise.

Don't particularly care. It was silly to completely rewind months of a story like nothing happened.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Dax is good because he knows that a Trios push will kill Mark's heat

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
gently caress Mark is good at justifying why he's losing

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
me as singles wrestler??? dax you idiot

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I went to this show live. How did the crowd come across? The venue was maybe a quarter full but seemed lively to me. The show had some of the craziest spots I ever saw. Black taurus with the super press slam, the turnbuckle brainbuster, but goddamn, that canadian destroyer in the keith lee and shane taylor match was the sickest loving thing I have ever seen.

The main event was also the best womens match I've seen live and prob top 5 in aew/roh history

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Duke Pukem posted:

I went to this show live. How did the crowd come across? The venue was maybe a quarter full but seemed lively to me. The show had some of the craziest spots I ever saw. Black taurus with the super press slam, the turnbuckle brainbuster, but goddamn, that canadian destroyer in the keith lee and shane taylor match was the sickest loving thing I have ever seen.

The main event was also the best womens match I've seen live and prob top 5 in aew/roh history

Extremely hot crowd.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Kyle got the hug rub

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Don't particularly care. It was silly to completely rewind months of a story like nothing happened.

but that isnt what happened.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
PLE? Athena back to the fed confirmed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Athena is the best.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Posting Tony is coming out!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007