Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Komet posted:

It seems like a substantial collapse of leadership in the locker room. The younger players on the team get hung out to dry in this circumstance.

With 27 opt-outs, they can't all be seniors either. Are some of these players going to be back next year? Awkward position.

Surely good memories the young FSU players can take with them moving forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I love how a group of players can go 13-0 and receive a historic snub and somehow STILL be blamed for this outcome jesus christ lol it begs the question if half the people who watch cfb even enjoy the sport or if its truly just "sec blue blood or go home" gloating

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Looks like the committee was right to leave FSU out of the playoffs, even when running their backups and freshmen in the second half Georgia is still destroying FSU.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Lawson Luckie is not a real name.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Should start clowning, try all the 2pt conversion trick plays

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Komet posted:

It seems like a substantial collapse of leadership in the locker room. The younger players on the team get hung out to dry in this circumstance.

With 27 opt-outs, they can't all be seniors either. Are some of these players going to be back next year? Awkward position.

Almost none of those 27 will be back. A bunch left for the portal, like 10 are entering the draft and a couple are legit injuries.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

trilljester posted:

Lawson Luckie is not a real name.

His dad was one of triplets who played for Georgia. And I'm real old now because that was seemingly only a few years ago.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

not a great look for the program and sure isn’t going to make it more likely that the committee shows them consideration next time.

They had an undefeated season and won their P5 conference and they still got hosed over, why the hell would they have any reason to believe next year's committee is going to give a poo poo about this bowl game?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

zeroprime posted:

Looks like the committee was right to leave FSU out of the playoffs, even when running their backups and freshmen in the second half Georgia is still destroying FSU.

You realize this team quit weeks ago right?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

stop

he's already dead

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Go Dawgs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

zeroprime posted:

Not until Georgia puts in 3rd stringers and makes players switch positions to fill the roster.

Georgia undoubtedly has better depth. They've had top 3 recruiting classes for like 7 years now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lol at the ranking of bowl games before they started and this game coming in at the top 10

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I’m a Wyoming alumnus and am watching this Orange Bowl beatdown instead of the Arizona Bowl because I’m absolutely opposed to consuming anything goddamn Barstool has touched :barf:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Komet posted:

I mean these same guys have to come back next year with this result as their last game.

TCU went 5-7 this year.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

stop

he's already dead

Nah I want 80.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

DuckHuntDog posted:

I mean these same guys have to come back next year with this result as their last game.

TCU went 5-7 this year.

remember when they made colorado look like world beaters

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

remember when they made colorado look like world beaters

What a beautiful game that was.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

Nah I want 80.

Congrats on the orange bowl win. :toot:

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Feels bad for the FSU players on this. They shouldn't have been forced to play the second half.

Doesn't feel bad at all that this is happening to the fans of the place with that racist mascot and chant.

Georgia has a white RB named Cash Jones? Do they need a dive computer to reach the bottom of that depth chart?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Is this the all time worst major bowl game? There have been blowouts before, but I've never seen a game with a team that quit before they stepped on the field. Really sad end to their season. It shouldn't have happened this way.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Komet posted:

I respect Florida State for quiet quitting for the paycheck.

Why the hell aren’t you all watching the Toledo Wyoming game on the CW. It’s a one score game and in the commercial some lady is pitching Mando whole body deodorant for pits and privates and feet because men prefer more masculine packaging. The next commercial is for generic Viagara. Coincidentally the sponsor is barstool.

Are you supposed to put deodorant on your feet?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Komet posted:

Is this the all time worst major bowl game? There have been blowouts before, but I've never seen a game with a team that quit before they stepped on the field. Really sad end to their season. It shouldn't have happened this way.

UGA vs TCU last year was iirc. Wow UGA might have the two biggest bowl wins back to back :secsmug:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Komet posted:

They should have shown the bowl committee they made a mistake. Instead, they poo poo the bed proving the choice 100% valid.

Having said that, as an elite athlete, I wouldn't be out there giving it my all before the draft for a pointless game. But the same can be said for Georgia I think.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Look, if you are losing by 59, you get to get stunted on.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

#9 rolled too hard, I guess

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bowl record for points for a single team is 70.

We still have 12 minutes to go.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It would be funny if Georgia claimed a national championship if Michigan and Washington lose and they should.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Bowl record for points for a single team is 70.

We still have 12 minutes to go.

Might as well go for triple digits

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Anals of History posted:

#9 rolled too hard, I guess

More than 3 pumps

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I respect Florida State for quiet quitting for the paycheck.

Why the hell aren’t you all watching the Toledo Wyoming game on the CW. It’s a one score game and in the commercial some lady is pitching Mando whole body deodorant for pits and privates and feet because men prefer more masculine packaging. The next commercial is for generic Viagara. Coincidentally the sponsor is barstool.

Are you supposed to put deodorant on your feet?

wow I wonder if that's related

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pro starcraft loser posted:

They should have shown the bowl committee they made a mistake. Instead, they poo poo the bed proving the choice 100% valid.

Oh yeah those old money rich guys in a boardroom in North Carolina would be on their hands and knees begging FSU to forgive them if we won! They would never make a decision like THAT again, I'll tell you that!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wait I need a touchdown with either a two point conversion. If we get it, 71 is a record, if not, 69 is nice.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

wandler20 posted:

It would be funny if Georgia claimed a national championship if Michigan and Washington lose and they should.

Why? All they did today was beat a bunch of 3rd string freshmen.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

oh man they're already bringing the oranges out

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

pro starcraft loser posted:

Having said that, as an elite athlete, I wouldn't be out there giving it my all before the draft for a pointless game. But the same can be said for Georgia I think.

Hey Webster’s, screenshot this post as your next entry for “cognitive dissonance.”

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

you play to win the game

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

you play to win the game

well unless you're denver

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Why? All they did today was beat a bunch of 3rd string freshmen.

Because it would be funny and the SEC thing to do. Gotta stick with tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

wow I wonder if that's related

Yeah based on the last two commercial breaks the target market is men who are concerned taking showers makes you gay.