Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh hell yes, I can't wait to make a character. Last year I listened to the Wild Mage's tale of woe, nodded, then promptly forced a burning hands scroll into her hands and got myself incinerated in the Naskell mines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll post the actual details later, but my level one character encountered a more or less mandatory enemy five real life minutes into my play through. That enemies first attack hit her for 12 damage, which would kill almost all characters, and literally couldn't miss. So, that could have been the end of a run, right there. There's a TON of that in BG1 - you're very fragile until you get your second and third levels.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

jfenserty posted:

Derrilee the half-elf dragon disciple has been slain by Zordral. If only Garrick had been a regular bard with fear resist song, instead of a modded Troubador. Or if someone had cast remove fear. Or if we'd walked outside the tent before he cast a spell. etc.

Probably gonna try again in a sec.

Interesting story, I was in suspense over whether or not it'd wear off, of he'd run out of juice, or what. Dang. That's probably how a lot of ironmam runs end ; hit by a save or suck and then tpk.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

...they said. But today's challenger, Blind Faith the dwarven fighter/cleric, is no man!

Ok this is great.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
:negative:

What level where you when you decided to melee an Ogre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Cliffhanger moment:

You're almost certainly dead. I'm surprised how much you've gotten done with just one character though, and if you get out of this I'll be impressed.