Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008
So uh, I've only beaten the trilogy once, a couple years ago. But I wanted to try this anyway and I know a lot about Baldur's Gate from reading internet posts for 20+ years, and restarting BG1 and 2 a bajillion times back in the day.

And uh, it looks like I did something wrong because all my screenshots so far were black.
I did a mod install for this, mostly some basic tweaks like arrow stacking, plus the Artisan's Kitpack, Bardic Wonders, and a few of the same mod author's NPCs.

Here's a summary for Derrillee, Dragon Disciple. She picked Sleep and Shield as a starting combo of sorcerer spells. Also, CON 18 because of a little tweak in one of the mods that makes CON above 16 do something for any character.

We met Eldoth on the way to the Friendly Arm (mod tweak to move the late-game NPCs), and as a level 3 bard he seemed like a strong dude to drag along, plus Gorion's old buddies and the hidden wizard ring.

We picked up Neera in Beregost, then tried to help Garrick. Silke's lightning bolt promptly killed Khalid, Jaheira, and Eldoth, and completely chunked Neera. Seeking somewhere to rest before we went resurrecting, the survivors ran into the dwarf assassin Karlat in Red Sheaf, who's too high level for Sleep and killed my remaining party of Garrick and Imoen. Then I grabbed some stuff from my friends' corpses and ran east to the temple to hide. There I resurrected Khalid and Jaheira (level 3 Eldoth was too expensive), and recruited Sirene, mod Paladin who comes with a +1 sword to help.

We went back and killed Karlat by shooting him and having the level 2 paladin tank (Jaheira still died again).

Also here's Derillee's character sheet so far, since I just figured out I can at least screenshot if I window the game.

I always played this game in the past by reloading when someone died to avoid schlepping their items, so this should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008

Rappaport posted:

OK, 2 potential tips. If you're running BG EE and hit "Print Screen", it makes a .bmp file in a folder (I'm assuming Windows) in your "Documents" called "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ScrnShot" or something like that, in numbered order. Alternatively, if you're using Steam, you can hit your Steam screencap button, default is F12, and they'll go into your Steam screenshot thingy you can access from Steam's interface.

oh yeah that works. They're all in the Documents folder!

Anyway here's the one I got from the Silke encounter:

I was careful to reposition Derrilee in case of aoe spells but was pretty reckless with everyone else.

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008

Melicamp died, and Jaheira insists we go to Nashkel.

We skirt past Bassilus because most of us are still level 1 and I can't remember how hard the fight is.

Neira fails to assassinate us in the inn, but does hold person all the frontliners.

Derrilee is in Nashkel now.

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008
Derrilee decides to visit the circus! There's an exploding ogre we handle easily.

Then we wander into a tent where a man is threatening to kill a so-called witch, and after an exchange, he attacks!

We foolishly don't use the wand of magic missile to interrupt his spell, so this happens:

I'm at the mercy of the characters randomly running around and him randomly picking targets until the horror wears off.
He acid arrows Khalid twice, killing him, and then acid arrows Jaheira and Larlochs Derillee. Two more of those minor drains and my run is over.

Derrilee the half-elf dragon disciple has been slain by Zordral. If only Garrick had been a regular bard with fear resist song, instead of a modded Troubador. Or if someone had cast remove fear. Or if we'd walked outside the tent before he cast a spell. etc.

Probably gonna try again in a sec.

jfenserty
Jul 16, 2008
Does the imp know polymorph self normally or is that a mod thing?