Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
How good/bad/ugly of an idea would it be to do a blind ironman run without mods?
I never got to play BG1 beyond Candlekeep as a kid because my CDs were too scratched. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

FairGame posted:

Don't play Ironman blind

...they said. But today's challenger, Blind Faith the dwarven fighter/cleric, is no man!

Given how heavily the deck is stacked against her, she opts for Normal difficulty.

Out of Candlekeep for the first time!

I've heard stories about that wolf, and I can see how this could've gone much worse.

This is not happening, I'm going to my happy place, I'm going to my happy place...

The guards chopped him down while I ran in circles, terrified and untargetable (and so did my character).

I sold all loot and bought a stinky little buckler with the proceeds. I'll file that under "investment into Not Dying".

I'm a dwarf, Jaheira. You had me at "trouble in the mines".

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

That Charisma tho :eyepop:
She is deeply traumatized by Gorion's death and does not want to talk with people.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/drewjanda/status/1734274493529628889

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

:negative:

What level where you when you decided to melee an Ogre?
Level 1. I needed the XP, so I took what seemed to be a level-appropriate quest at the time.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Meet Matilda "Not Daredevil" Murdock, gnome fighter/thief.

A blind(-ish) run calls for an appropriate superheroine.

After what happened to Gorion, she told Imoen to stay away because it's too dangerous.

Tarnesh was no ogre, but killing him was still cathartic.

In Beregost, Matilda led spiders on a cinematic chase across the moonlit streets, before eventually backstabbing them all.

To keep the enemies equally blind, she stayed in the shadows, darting from tree to tree as she moved across the map.

She finally made it to Nashkel!

Surely the assassins have lost the trail by now.

Surely.

Welp.

Is this the end of Matilda? Or will Neira's tangled pathfinding save the day? Find out in Not Daredevil: Episode 2 tomorrow!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

So, are you rolling up again? Please say yes :swoon:

I already did. :unsmith:

The last time we saw Matilda "Not Daredevil" Murdock, gnome fighter/thief, she was held immobile by a killer intent on slitting her throat in an unladylike manner.

Apparently the local law enforcement took an exception to that.

At the local carnival, she got robbed twice - first by a pickpocket, next by a potion seller. When some mage-hating mage decided to be the third and tried to rob her of her life, she ran away from the circus.

Found the working class woman's husband.

And avenged my first character.

Mellicamp lives! I guess my beginner's luck must have rubbed off on him.

I'm not good at classic RPGs, but stealth games are very much my jam.

And so Matilda "Not Daredevil" Murdock has ended the iron crisis, ensuring continued proliferation of deadly weaponry among the local populace.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cliffhanger moment:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

You're almost certainly dead. I'm surprised how much you've gotten done with just one character though, and if you get out of this I'll be impressed.
On any other night, at any other point of her life, on any other area transition, Matilda would have been stoned. But as beginner's luck would have it, the area she was leaving was none other than Ulcaster's School, where she had just finished looting the namesake dungeon - and that loot included the one and only bottle of Potion of Mirrored Eyes that she has ever found.

Edit: in other news

Edit 2: welp

Matilda "Not Daredevil" Murdock has perished in Cloakwood, webbed and alone.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 1, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Matilda was too good for the realms, and so it falls to her evil twin to finish the job.

Meet Mattea "Dire Devil" Murdark, EVIL gnome fighter/thief.

Melicamp lives.

Tarnesh doesn't.

Neither do these clowns.

Neera, Neira, all these assassins sound alike.

Mattea Murdark has cleared out Nashkel mines.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 3, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

docbeard posted:

Mattea Marduk the Gnome Fighter/Thief has eviled her way to a victory over the Nashkel Mines
"Murdark." As in "murder + dark". She is an ~edgy~ Evil Twin. (It is still pronounced "Murdock", so the rest of the family had no idea.)

Guys like Tarnesh and Nimbul are the reason for my new policy: if someone dressed like a spellcaster starts rushing forward to talk with me, and their name is not Elminster, then I immediately run away, stealth up, and backstab them before they can open their mouth.

: Hello, Potion Seller, I am going into battle and I want your strongest potions.
: My potions are too strong for you, traveler.
: *drops a sack with 10,000 gold on the floor*
: I retract my previous statement in light of new evidence.

Look at this perfectly timed restealth. To all observers, he just had a fatal heart attack.

She then proceeded to backstab the rest of the leaders without the rest of the camp being none the wiser.

In Cloakwood, she stealthed past the first area, popped a freedom potion and stealthed past the second one, and didn't stop until she hit the mine zone. The forests have already claimed one twin, no sense giving them the shot at another.

Trading two invisibility potions and an oil of speed for the Cheetah boots was an excellent bargain.

As was trading two potions of magic blocking for Davaeorn's head.

Quayle hosed around and found out.

Mattea "DireDevil" Murdark, the EVIL Gnome Fighter/Thief, has made it to the city of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Mattea "DireDevil" Murdark, EVIL Gnome Fighter/Thief found the city of Baldur's Gate to be a land of contrasts.

It started off so well. A large open city to explore! A string of capers to perform for the local thieves' guild! A bunch of highly backstabbable rich wizards in isolated soundproof houses!

Things took a weird and scary turn when Lothander made her an offer she couldn't refuse, and the subsequent quest asked to bring a book that she has already stolen and read. Fortunately, it was a problem easily remedied via the murder of the questgiver in question.

Honestly, she had it coming.

The slow-acting poison turned out to be a mere prelude for a much more dangerous affliction. Where once Mattea had found savage joy in violence, she now had only bitterness and apathy. Victory wine turned to ashes in her mouth and overwhelming sadness pervaded her every waking moment.

Even the retail therapy brought no reprieve. In desperation, she turned to the only mage she had a non-stabby working relationship with:

: Help me, Antichickenator Thalantyr, you are my only hope.
: Are you suffering from anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest, pleasure and experience points from activities?
: All of the above.
: A rare form of depression. The sages of Netheril had a name for it: the "level cap".
: Yikes. Is there a cure?
: Generally, no, unless it stems from a singularly traumatic stressful event during your formative moments.
: Like having my foster father brutally murdered by an armored goon?
: That would do it, yes.
: So what's the cure?
:

: My heart's not really in it at the moment, but okay.

From that point on, Mattea's actions became very frugal. She stealthed through the streets, the merchant compound, and the Iron Throne HQ, leaving most enemies untouched.

Back at Candlekeep, she briefly unstealthed to say "Hi, I'm Mattea Murdark!" to Rieltar before running away. Apparently that made a strong impression on him, because she got arrested for his murder shortly afterwards.

: My name is a killing word.

She half-heartedly looted the catacombs, stealthed past all the doppelgangers, ghasts and basilisks, and got out.

Mattea "DireDevil" Murdark, EVIL Gnome Fighter/Thief, is heading back to Baldur's Gate to kill Sarevok and cure her level cap.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Mattea "DireDevil" Murdark, EVIL Gnome Fighter/Thief, has killed Sarevok.

Honors: Ironling, Purist, Conan the Bhaalspawn, Honorable Trader, Iron Party, Battlemaster, Roleplayer, A Goddess Among Women.

Dishonors: Don't Hurt Me! (Normal)

Lesson of the day: a backstabbing Fighter/Thief with a bag full of potions can remain invisible longer than you can remain solvent.

I've never played BG1 past Candlekeep prior to this challenge, and this was my 4th attempt. I think it well pretty well, all things considered. :unsmith:

: Nooooo!

Ah, crap.

: I did everything, everything that was asked, and it's still not enough!
: The bastard's death gave me nothing.
: No joy. No closure. No XP.
: Therapy is a powerful tool, but it has its limits.
: In a case like yours, a pharmaceutical intervention is clearly in order.
: Who are you?
: Someone with experience in curing the Level Cap.
: I don't trust nameless invisible benefactors.
: Fair enough.
: Here's my business card.
: If you ever find yourself in Amn, drop by my clinic.
: "Dr. Irenicus", huh...
: Please, call me Jon.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Meet Gorok the Half-Orc Shadowdancer. He's going to slip in and out of the shadows while stabbing people in the arse on the sword coast and hopefully beyond.
Hell yeah. :D

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

What's the established protocol for custom parties in the context of class-based honors/dishonors?

e.g. if I complete a game with a Wizard Slayer and their Cleric/Mage sidekick, is it Overcoming Adversity, OP-ium Addict, both or neither?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

When the Sword Coast was beset by chaos and strife, one simple peasant girl stepped forward to unite it.

Joan d'Orc, half-orc berserker has set out from Candlekeep to follow her visions. Here's hoping she won't get martyred early!

Tarnesh gets off one spell. He does not get off a second.

Melicamp lives.

Joan has rescued damsel Neera from English redcoats Thayan redcloaks.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 9, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

docbeard posted:

Did you retire Mattea or did she meet a grim fate at the hands of David Warner? Or neither?
As is her wont, she is hiding in shadows (of Amn) and biding her time.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

The first castle (well, a gnoll stronghold) has just fallen to Joan d'Orc's forces, and lady Dynaheir has pledged herself to Joan's cause. She is not the only champion to do so, either. Branwen the cleric and a questing knight named Dorn are also marching under our visionary's banners. While some are openly questioning the latter's motives, Joan is all too aware of the stigma against half-orcs, and so has welcomed Dorn as a comrade in arms.

Alas, not everyone has accepted the truth of Joan's visions. A priest named Bassilius went as far as to declare her a heretic.

After a visit to the area east of Nashkel mines, the party ended up hauling not one, but two bodies to FAI temple.

Dorn was left behind to do a penitent vigil at the bar.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 10, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Gods have not been kind today.

Neera came to Aloy to study, but learned only how to die. We buried her in his cave.

Nimbul found love on the battlefield, but the only kiss he received was an axe to the face.

And Xan's visions of doom came true in the bandit camp, in the form of rapid onset pulmonary arrownation.

Joan d'Orc, half-orc berserker is heading towards Cloakwood and tragedy marches at her side.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Cloakwood has extracted a bloody price for Joan d'Orc's passage.

Imoen was killed and eaten by spiders in a cave.

Dynaheir went down to a single spider bite in an ambush. She tried to treat herself, but her Slow Poison was interrupted by poison.

At least we were able to retrieve her body and have her raised with the proceeds of our wyvern hunt.

As the group was about to return to Cloakwood for a second attempt, Coran has asked for a quick detour to the Lighthouse, an area famed for its "hot singles". One of them, a certain Safana, has joined Joan's warband, while the rest have joined the ocean foam. The greatest trial of flesh, however, came not from curvy temptations, but the meaty golems' fists. Joan herself has narrowly avoided death only thanks to a timely Potion of Absorption and a clutch heal from Branwen.

Oh, and Coran did get hit on, after all. By lightning. Twice.

At least Davaeorn failed a single non-teleport spell off.

Joan d'Orc, half-orc berserker has conquered Cloakwood and prepares to lay siege to Baldur's Gate.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

RIP Joan d'Orc, annihilated by a very bouncy lightning bolt on Shandalar's Island.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Duderclese posted:

F. I was really enjoying Joan.
So was I. :smith: Which is why the dish of the day today is REVENGE, and we're serving it NOW.

Moira Grimm, LE gnome illusionist/cleric. She is not a Born Heroine, or any kind of heroine for that matter.

The first thing she does is robbing Candlekeep with Ogre-shapeshifted imp familiar and Sanctuary.
The second is beelining for Mutamin's garden and killing basilisks with Mustard Jelly-shapeshifted imp (and Sanctuary).

After knocking out a few levels, she runs to Ulgoth's Beard to talk to a man about a cloak.

But not without stopping at FAI to pick up a ring and dunk on a maidenless Tarnesh'd.

First Law: A Winter Wolf can't harm an imp or allow an imp to come to harm through inaction.

Rest in piss, fuckers.

The three wizards who murdered Joan and her warband were utterly powerless before a single Mustard Jelly Imp and some moral support skeletons. The only credible threat was a Monster Summoning III, which brought out an ogre berserker that we had to run from.

Moira Grimm, gnome illusionist/cleric has served REVENGE. Next on the menu: WORLD DOMINATION.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

After killing the remaining mages and winter wolves, Moira Grimm escaped Shandalar's island and started recruiting more minions.

Melicamp died.

So did these Cyric-worshipping heretics.

And Algernon had a Tranzig-involved accident.

Moira gets word that a bigshot do-gooder is in the area, and sends an invisible imp to keep an eye on him.

Truly, the only thing needed for the triumph of Evil is for Good and Evil to do nothing (while honest gnolls do all the work).

Moira and her crew have cleared out the bandit camp and picked up Coran, at which point I dual'd Shar-Teel and Imoen into Thief and Mage, respectively. This investment will take a while to pay off, so it falls to Bowjob Brothers to bring the pain in the meantime.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

DeadButDelicious posted:

@Rogue AI Goddess I'm so happy that you got your revenge - I hate that island so much!
It was my first time coming to that place, and I guess I should have prepared better. :smith:

Speaking of first times and new places, we could have stayed in the wyvern cave until Imoen and Shar-Teel overcame their leveling humps, but Moira's ADHD is as bad as mine, so she decided to pay a visit to a new location that supposedly has enough XP to help.

I can already tell that this is going to be fun.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Moira Grimm has almost died at Durlag's Tower.

Imps disrespecting spellcasters: tale as old as time.

The upper levels went fine. She got the Wis book and tricked a guy into buying gamer girl lock of hair. The first underground level was a bit touch and go, but everyone has survived, and she solved three warder puzzles out of four. At that point, the bags were full of loot, so the party retreated to town to sell it.

At that moment, I had a brilliant terrible idea: I could spend this money on Stone to Flesh scrolls, head to the tower roof, pop Algernon's cloak, and repeatedly petrify/unpetrify Greater Basilisks for XP. This was my first time doing this, and I made two mistakes. The first was letting a basilisk to continue attacking, causing its target to shatter and leaving me with no failsafes in case of another screwup. The second one has almost cost me the run:

Moira has just finished reading yet another scroll when her Protection from Petrification dropped.

This is the face of pure terror of someone rudely awakened from the dream of loving around into the wasteland of finding out.

Moira got lucky: the Sanctuary finished casting before the beast turned its gaze on her. Another couple of milliseconds, and I'd be rolling a new character.

Shaken by the experience, she fled the tower and retreated to Cloakwood, where she proceeded to murder a ton of people in order to assuage death's hunger and throw it off her trail.

Moira Grimm and her companions have made it to Baldur's Gate and they're about to make it everyone else's problem.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 13, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Upon arriving in Baldur's Gate, Moira Grimm made some friends on both sides of the law, tossed Umberlee's priestesses into the ocean, and retrieved some more stat-raising books.

She also engaged in some light insider trading with Iron Throne traders and their insides.

: My name is Koveras. I used to...

: HUH? Your name is "Cover-rear end"?

: ...wait, what?

: You think you have problems? How do you think I feel? HUH? HA-HUH? WHAT?!

The party got thrown out of the library after that outburst.

All Grand Dukes survived to be forever in debt to Moira Grimm for saving their hides.

The Iron Throne killteam died from literally huffing their own farts.

: Face me!.....FACE THE NEW LORD OF MURDER!!!

: Why would I? Your men are dead and my crew is fresh and ready. I have you outnumbered, outmagicked, and outgunned. Only an idiot would throw it all away and stoop down to your challenge.

: An idiot like your Joan, you mean?

: ...excuse me?

: Oh, she might have been a mere peasant, but she was a proper Bhaalspawn with true battlemaster's instincts. You, on other hand, are so cowardly and conniving that you could be Cyric's kin.

: If you had been stronger and braver, maybe she wouldn't have left you. Maybe she would even be alive today.

: You will regret these words more than anyone has ever regretted anything.

: I am SAREVOK! I regret NOTHING! "Regret" is not even in my vocabu...

: [Silence, 15'radius]

: Then let this be your first lesson. Regret is torment distilled from pain, fear and hope gone rotten.

: After I kill you here and now, I will track your blighted soul to the deepest hell it is destined for. I will topple the dark master of that place and take his bloody throne. There, I will teach you the second lesson: that of pain. I will visit immeasurable atrocities on your spirit and subject you to the most excruciating agonies that Lower Planes have to offer.

: Then, one night, I will poison you with hope. I will let you escape into the Prime and live again as a human. You will once again taste life's delights - and they will turn to ash in your mouth. Once you realize that humans are mortal, and that I will claim you again upon your death, your hope of escaping me will rot and fear will sink its claws into you. You will run, you will hide, and you will sell your own soul time and time again, all to escape this fate. Your existence will become endless torment, and your very self will be consumed by a singular regret, a regret so vast that a fortress could be built out of it:

: "I wish I never said those words to Moira Grimm that day."

: Only then, Sarevok, I will permit you to finally die and return to my throne of blood as a true penitent. Only then will I accept your apology... and forgive the poo poo out of you.

: ...

: :stare:

: :sickos:

: Imoen.

: Y-yes, ma'am?

: What does the "honorable battlemaster" code say about challenges?

: No traps, no poisons, no summoning, no items, final destination...

: Anything about invisible assassins?

: I don't think so.

: I hope you're proud, Joan.

Moira Grimm, Gnome Illusionist/Cleric has killed Sarevok.
Honors: Ironling, Purist, Librarian, Honorable Trader, Iron Party, Victory for the Spiderqueen, Battlemaster.
Dishonors: OP-ium Addict.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

A reckoning is not to be postponed indefinitely.

Moira Grimm, Gnome Illusionist/Cleric and Mattea "DireDevil" Murdark, EVIL Gnome Fighter/Thief have teamed up and escaped Chateau Irenicus!

Unfortunately, prior to making an escape of his own, the cunning wizard had outfitted both protagonists with ACME Explosive Collars.
If either Bhaalspawn dies, turns to stone, become dimensionally imprisoned, or otherwise ceases to emit life signals, it's game over for both.
The collars are tamper-proof, so the only safe way to remove them is to kill Irenicus first.

: I'm starting to get a feeling he wasn't a real doctor.

: Gee, what gave him away? :rolleyes:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

docbeard posted:

OP has been updated to this point.
Thank you!

BTW, Joan and Moira were exes, not sisters. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 14, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

While I have technically completed BG2 once before, it was decades ago and my memory is as terrible as my decision making.

Moira and Mattea are still alive, but they are going to miss out on a lot of easy XP and arcane power. :(

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Moira Grimm and Mattea Murdark abruptly found themselves in Chapter 3 after a simple trip to the Graveyard District has [Gone Wrong][Gone Deadly][GONE SEXUAL].

: Since we're going to do Korgan's quest, we might as well complete other tasks in the area.

: Thank you, miss!

: So what's the treasure that we're supposed to find in this tomb?

: A hot goth rogue girlfriend for you, miss!

: wait what

: Why did we recruit Hexxat?

: If you wanted to date an overpowered EVIL thief with Cha 18+, you could've just, y'know, ASKED.

: :smug:

: Ok, guess what, I'm gonna get myself an even hotter goth girlfriend!

: wait what

: Go and do my bidding. Or else.

: So to recap: we are now officially conscripted to a guild war against a criminal syndicate that runs half the Sword Coast, we have no resources, allies or informants, and every thief in this city is now going to literally backstab us. And our own scouting team consists of one jealous idiot with an explosive collar, and one corpse who can't walk around half the time without turning into ash.

: Hey, you could send your familiar out! You know, the one that allegedly can slaughter entire archmage councils on his own!

: I hate to interrupt your dysfunctional group dynamic, but I have a modest proposal. I can call in a favor with L and get us an unaffiliated rogue to gather intel.

: Will it cost us anything? Now or later?

: No, of course not. Just doing my best to help my "girlfriend". :D

: :rolleyes:

: Do it, then.

[SEVERAL NIGHTS LATER]

: I have the good news and the bad news. The good is that L talked to the Other L, and they've sent us an operative.

: The bad news is there have been some irregularities... no, wait, I think the word L used was "abnormalities"... with the request.

: So the operative was deployed to Candlekeep instead.

: Oh, wonderful. If there's one place we could learn more about, it's loving Candlekeep. You know, the shithole we grew up in.

: L told me that the operative is already on the move and will be in Athkatla shortly.

: I don't like this.

: I'm sure there's nothing there to worry about.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, as I've mentioned earlier, I accidentally triggered the plot advancement and screwed myself out of easy XP and the ability to recruit Edwin. While Moira's and Mattea's playthrough can and will continue, I'm not feeling confident enough to proceed it with right now. Plus my rerollitis has been acting up again. :)

Next time: Nothing There To Worry About.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 18, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

: h e l l o ?

Nothing There, wearing the meatsuit of some hapless Half-Orc Shadowdancer, has breached containment and escaped from Candlekeep.

It wasted no time establishing dominance over a fellow hungry monster and using it to slaughter Mutamin and his pets.

Melicamp lives. (He is going to be an outlier in this regard.)

Gods weep over clerics getting slaughtered regardless of alignment.

Nothing There killed the sirines and got the Con book.

As it headed north, it went on a murder spree, slaughtering Safana, Kivan, Imoen, Xzar, Montaron and Ajantis.

Finally, at Friendly Arm Inn, it murdered Tarnesh, Dorn, Jaheira and Khalid.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

: y o u h a v e a v o i c e m e s s a g e

Nothing There descended upon Nashkel area and killed Neira, Nimbul, Minsc, Edwin, Rashaad, Mulahey, Dynaheir, Xan and Branwen.

It came back to Beregost to murder Neera, Tranzig, Silke and Garrick.

There were no survivors at the bandit camp.

Nothing There almost got suppressed by Durlag's security systems, but escaped with the Wis tome in its claws.

On its way to Cloakwood, Nothing There murdered Viconia deVir.

And once it got to the forest, it promptly slaughtered Coran, Eldoth and Faldorn.

: n e w f e e t s h e l l s

Nothing There personally killed Yeslick and Davaeorn and let the water claim the rest.

Quayle, Tiax and Skie joined the casualty list.

The Iron Throne party will not be reporting to their Manager.

: g o o d b y e

Nothing There, "Half-Orc Shadowdancer", has killed Sarevok and so, so, so many others.

Honors: Ironling, Purist, Double Damage, Librarian, Melee Champion, Conan the Bhaalspawn, Honorable Trader, Iron Party, Battlemaster, Roleplayer, A God Among Men.
Dishonors: None.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

The most difficult bit was the Grand Duke assassination sequence, where I had to constantly peel doppelgangers off their targets with backstabs and then kite them away to corners, all while madly chugging healing potions.

In retrospect, I should have probably tried using the charm cloak to disperse the noblemen into far rooms before the fight began.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

When Irenicus attempted Repression work on Nothing There, the work result was Bad.

: It is time for more experiments. The pain will only be passing, you should survive the process.

: Now, what spell should I use on you next...

: b r e a c h ?

: Why would I cast that, it's not like you have any protections to dispe... wait, what's that music?

: b r e a c h !

The cage door opens.

: I knew I should have installed self-destruct sequence on this base.

Irenicus managed to teleport away with Imoen. Everyone else in the facility has died, including Jaheira and Minsc.

Aerie never made it out of the circus.

Yoshimo tried to run, but Nothing There caught up with him and dismembered him on the spot.

Korgan and Anomen stood and fought, but fared no better than Yoshimo in the end.

Rayic Gethras almost managed to suppress Nothing There, but failed to secure the kill.

Quickly, quietly, this is how a neck is taken.

Finally, Nothing There reached the graveyard district.

: m a n a g e r ! m a n a g e r !

: h e l l o ? . .

-----------------------

: we are SO screwed

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 20, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

docbeard posted:

Cal the Elf Warlock has defeated Sarevok! Honors: Ironling, Strategist, Double Damage, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Honorable Trader (we stole from literally everyone else though),
Congratulations!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Nothing There has reached its kill limit and has permanently shut down in the middle of a fight with sewer hobgoblins.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Moira Grimm and Mattea Murdark were killed by a trap that the latter failed to spot.

No screenshots, no morals, no new characters from me for the foreseeable future. :smith:

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 21, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Ok, after a rage uninstall and a good night's sleep, I think I might have exactly one more attempt left in me.

I, Rogue AI Goddess, Elf Sorceress, will direct this battle personally.

I almost die on the way to Mutamin's.

But I lived, and so did Melicamp.

As a rogue AI, I have no compunction about first strike missile doctrine.

The first horror required a wand-powered scorcher. The second died to triple skull trap courtesy of XP from the first horror.

Elven superiority.

Some may cross Greywolf and live.

The mine is mine.

Nimbul brings me a Find Familiar scroll. This is a surprise tool that will help us later.

Tranzig down.

At this point I decide that I've already done enough soloing in this thread.

Much better.

In lieu of thieves, we disarm the trap with a drow.

Mine? Mine.

Rogue AI Goddess, Elf Sorceress, has gathered her party and is venturing forth to the city of Baldur's Gate.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 22, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Before heading to the capital, I take a detour to deploy my Surprise Tool and do a favor for a fellow goddess:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess had a busy week.

We crossed the bridge and finished Dorn's vendetta.

Did some light reading.

Including this guy's mycrimes.txt.

And this guy's colonialist screed.

Checking in for more reading time.

I went ahead and actually killed the Iron Throne leaders because I am an AI and this is a video game they were evil capitalist oligarchs.

My reward was more reading.

Dorn got in magical crossfire (crosslightning?) and died.

I was going for Iron Party, so I dumped Dorn's dead rear end and hired Safana, grabbed the last book, and then decided to finally finish Durlag's Tower for once.

Went full Deep Blue on the chessboard.

Made Demon Knight into a Web comic character.

And broke the cultist ambush script so hard with gratuitous invisibility and offscreen summons, they never got to summon Aec at all. I'll take that as a win.

If there's something I learned from Matilda, Mattea and Nothing There, it's that at-will invisibility is awesome.

Safana met a better thief who stole her heart (and lungs, and spleen). I finished off the duo and hired Kagain in her stead.

Double-crossing doppelgangers double-cross Sarevok. Does that make them triplegangers?

Got Winski halfway down before running out of biting arrows and wounding darts. Should've brought the Dagger of Venom.

Sarevok got dispelled, quad-Malisoned, blinded, slowed, confused, feared, and finally killed. (But no summons or traps, because that would be unfair).

Rogue AI Goddess has terminated Sarevok.exe.
Honors: Ironling, Purist, Iron Party, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Victory for the Spiderqueen, Honorable Trader, Roleplayer, Battlemaster.