Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the proper punishment for the thread if Colby wins?
This poll is closed.
Ban everyone 1 5.26%
Ban myself 0 0%
Ban the UFC 3 15.79%
Colby is punishment enough 15 78.95%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

War weird little falmer, I've never rooted for you before but this time I'm all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

HAHHAHAHHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Oh that's not fun anymore

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

These DC keys to victory are terrible. "Close the distance!" when it's Tony's grappling that's looked the worst, "be violent!" when it's his chin and speed that used to let him brawl that have faded.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tony remember he can jab makes me happy

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

And then everything else about this makes me sad. Ferguson needs to retire, he can't transition to a veteran style he's just too shot.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

LMAO at commentary trying to talk Tony up to make this a good win, while Tony looks like poo poo.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This fight definitely has both of them looking terrible, but the UFC is in its full reality denying era so they're going to continue to push Pimblett off it. Hopefully they at least cut Tony.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I could see Thompson carving Shavkat up on the feet, but I struggle to see both that happening and him staying on the feet.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Whelp that was what likely to happen.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Shop rocks is so good to watch fight. They need to give him a shot.

It needs to be Belal. Maia, Thomspon, Luque, Brady, Burns is too drat good a streak even if you only start from his NC.

Shavkat should be right behind him, though.

That's one part of what makes the Colby shot so atrocious, it jams up the division. If Belal was fighting for the title tonight Shavkat would be set up for the next one.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

FLW scrambles are the loving best

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Royval had a case for winning that round on bottom pitter pats until Pantoja stunned him. Pantoja did almost nothing on the ground.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

crepeface posted:

it's funny how much wider volkanovski looks compared to these flyweights at "just" +10 lbs

+20

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CarlCX posted:

Pantoja's really loving good at fighting tired. He eats punches, but he gets just enough distance to keep them from stinging and he manages his weapons and his timing real well despite being exhausted.

Yeah. He style is weirdly very efficient despite throwing everything into a lot of his strikes and gassing himself quickly. He's done this in a bunch of fights now.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Shin to the dome would take care of that at least temporarily

Colby's broken jaw didn't stop him yapping last time.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

Does anyone actually buy that Colby's schtick is just a character? If you pretend to be a shithead, you're still a shithead. It just makes him seem cowardly to claim it's a character when he faces any kinda pushback at all.

You are only playing a character if you break character, and if you're playing yourself as a villain you have to say that somewhere. Otherwise you're just being lovely for money which isn't any better than being lovely because you're mean/bigoted.*

*For improvisation

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Colby.... bad?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Backfoot Colby by the great brainthinking that brought you American Conservatism.

Crazy idea here, but maybe people should need to earn title shots by recently beating elite fighters.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Oh I understand now. He conserved all his energy for round 5 so that he could survive and maybe win the round and pretend that if he had just started earlier he could've won, instead of getting destroyed all fight and finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

The commentary going,"Colby could still beat Leon if he does what he's doing now but 3 rounds earlier!"

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Oh I understand now. He conserved all his energy for round 5 so that he could survive and maybe win the round and pretend that if he had just started earlier he could've won, instead of getting destroyed all fight and finished.

Also lmao at castigating Leon Edwards for not taking risks on the bottom to get up in the last minute while Covington spent nearly the whole fight being extremely conservative.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 17, 2023