Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Just formatted my top ten for the cspam poop thread so I can splat it here too:

10. Master Gardiner
9. How to Blow Up a Pipeline
8. The Pigeon Tunnel
7. BlackBerry
6. Rebel Moon
5. The Killer
4. Napoleon
3. Oppenheimer
2. Asteroid City
1. The Creator

Wrote all the new releases I saw this year up in more depth over on medium. Find the idea of doing this with the non-new releases I saw in the year quite intimidating tbh, it's enough effort hammering out some words for letterboxd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ShoogaSlim posted:

another posted a list with no blurbs but a link to a medium article they wrote with blurbs, so i pulled quotes from there

Hah, I thought having just the raw list in order would be easier for spreadsheet purposes so I deliberately didn't pull through any blurbs. Thank you for going to the extra effort!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The question becomes more relevant if you're making a 2023-specific list I guess, where having festival release and wide release indifferent years effectively disqualifies a film. Master Gardiner is another one that's technically 2022 but didn't get a proper release till 2023.

Oh, and just to be a little pedantic, "How to blow up a pipeline" is based on a book but definitely not a novel!