Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ah shoot, would have submitted if I'd caught this earlier. Surprised Spider Man got that high a spot given that the film has no ending, nor does it really and doesn't even pretend to.

Seeing Venture Bro's make the 25 cut puts a smile on my face.

For next year, if you try to do one that includes past releases that's gonna be very, very tricky given how random it's gonna be. Like I'm enjoying Sam Altman films atm, but it feels like a crapshoot if someone on here also happens to watch MaCabe & Mrs. Miller. Would probably too heavily favor franchises or directors like Sorescayze without much space for other things.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

checkplease posted:

As others stated, I think you can leave it as is and the top 10 will still likely be composed of films from that year just because you need multiple votes for a film to win. And outside of movies of the month or some horror contest, new movies are going to get more views.

Yeah, most of my favorites from this year didn't debut this year but the odds of someone else having watched them is a lot slimmer than something that came out in 2023. Not to mention older stuff will probably take a lot of 'top' spots as (I imagine) most folks are inclined to watch older stuff that appeals to ya. Feel like you'll end up with a dozen lists where there's 3-4 overlap between the new releases and then a bunch of wasted single votes for misc. good past stuff.

Ya'll do you, but I think you'd at least want to do both (a top for the last year, and a top for first watched).