Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I have been driving for 32 years and yeah. All of you are terrible at driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I haven't seen people do it at a 4-way stop, but I see people do it to make a left with a dedicated signal when it goes to yellow and then incoming traffic goes straight, literally every day.

I get that if you don't make it, you're pretty much hosed until the next cycle gives you another dedicated turn signal, but I've seen 2-3 cars glued to each other, and it's particularly frustrating because it's a blatant "well what are you gonna do about it" thing. You either stop short to let them go or you demolish their passenger side.

loving morons

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gawr Gooner posted:

I regularly drive on a street where the left turn signal is only long enough to let two cars pass (before it turns into a yield turn, anyway) and that's only if they're paying attention. Nobody is ever on the ball. I think I'll take the bus.

its ok. Redshirt will give you a ride

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Hell yeah, I'm the best drat driver you'll ever know.

good man

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

That means you're old and automatically bad at driving.

I flipped a soft top convertible 1 and a half time. I haven't claimed to be a good driver since I was 16

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Were you hurt badly? Whose fault?

It was my fault. I saw my exit was coming up. Crossed the line, they honked at me, I pulled it back, then poo poo happened. I somehow didn't get really hurt.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
not even really hurt. Just some scars on my left hand and loss of hair until it grew back

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Glad to hear it

the best/worst part about is my dad came into the room to stroke my head, and it woke me up. Come on dad, I know you love me but I'm in pain and just woke me up.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I'm amazed how many drivers on the highway start slowing down pretty far before their exit. Like they need 2 miles to down speed safely.

no lie. I always move into the lane, then slow down about 4 miles before I need to exit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Hmm, so you're one of them. Why? Just chilling? In no rush? Super safety conscious?

as I have said a few times before, I flipped a soft top convertible once. It is not something i would like to do again

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I do the speed limit in the lane, until the exit happens

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Ah yes. I get it. Good luck out there, but don't drive scared. It can be as dangerous as other poor driving behaviors.

it's kinda terrifying. Doesn't stop me from doing 75. That's the loving speed limit.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Have you heard the phrase "target fixation" in reference to driving?

no. and I was wrong 70 is the new poo poo that no one does

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Space Kablooey posted:

I can't imagine slowing down for an exit 6km away.

I may or may not slow down, usually not, but I get over about 4 miles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Target fixation can apply to many things, but as it comes to driving, it refers to how your direction of travel or motion will often follow where you are focused on. Such, that when driving, you should always be looking where you want to go, and all those permutations. Not the side rail, not the big truck you're passing, not the big iPad in the console.

I usually only drive to go to work or get some banging food