Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IUWKtJep9Y

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I am in SF area OP.

do you know karl, he's in wellington, he's got big hair and really nice front teeth. If you know him you know what i mean. Really nice. Likes thai flavors on his rice.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
is that you fart, are you married to them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

down1nit posted:

I am in SF area OP.

do you know karl, he's in wellington, he's got big hair and really nice front teeth. If you know him you know what i mean. Really nice. Likes thai flavors on his rice.

git apologist might they’re in that island at least

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i'm in the kingdom of norway, op. I live next to the fjord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

big scary monsters posted:

i'm in the kingdom of norway, op. I live next to the fjord

hell yeah

do a map screen shot if you got the balls

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I hear you've got fjords in nz too so we're practically neighbours

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

echinopsis posted:

hell yeah

do a map screen shot if you got the balls

there are only like 10 people in this entire country so I've basically already doxxed myself

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

new york city, most of my life

i am very social so if anyone wants to drink ill put something in the yospos discord i guess

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I hear you've got fjords in nz too so we're practically neighbours

we have a place called fiordland

they were gonna call it fiordworld but disney already owned that name

fiordland is very very important. it’s our largest national part and the most untouched parts of the country and in some ways the world

quote:

Vegetation and wildlife
Fiordland National Park contains the majority of the largest area of unmodified vegetation in New Zealand. The dense forests, often clinging to steep valley sides, comprise mostly silver beech and mountain beech, but also podocarps. A large variety of shrubs and ferns, often dominated by crown fern, make up a rich understory of plants, with the forest floor covered in mosses and liverworts. The abundant vegetation is supported by the high rainfall, but continues to be damaged by introduced species such as red deer and possum.

The park is also a significant refuge for many threatened native animals, ranging from dolphins and bats to reptiles, insects, and birds. Among the birds are several endangered species endemic to New Zealand such as the takahē, mōhua (yellowhead), and the critically endangered kākāpō, the only flightless parrot in the world. The vulnerable Fiordland crested penguin and southern brown kiwi are also almost exclusively found within the park.

The special nature of the Fiordland area for conservation was recognised in the late 1890s by Richard Henry, pioneering the transfer of threatened species such as kakapo and kiwi to islands in Dusky Sound. Conservation work and management of endangered species continues via a number of programmes by the Department of Conservation. The Takahē Recovery Programme ensures the survival of the last wild population of takahē. This unique bird, the largest living member of the rail family, was once thought to be extinct. After rediscovery of the takahē in the Murchison Mountains in 1948, a special area of 500 square kilometres (190 sq mi) was set aside in Fiordland National Park for its conservation, with the population reaching a milestone of 300 birds in 2016. Although the National Park comprises 15% of New Zealand's conservation estate, it receives less than 1% of the Department of Conservation's pest-control budget.

Several offshore islands belonging to Fiordland National Park are dedicated sanctuaries for threatened native species:

Anchor Island - kākāpō, little spotted kiwi, tīeke (saddleback), mōhua
Bauza Island - tīeke
Breaksea Island - tīeke, mōhua, knobbled weevil, Fiordland skink
Chalky Island - Te Kakahu skink, tīeke, mōhua, kākāpō, little spotted kiwi, orange-fronted kākāriki
Coal Island - tokoeka (Haast brown kiwi), mōhua
Indian Island
Passage Islands
Resolution Island - New Zealand rock wren, mōhua, tīeke, knobbled weevil
Secretary Island - Fiordland crested penguin, kiwi/tokoeka, rock wren, kōkako, takahē, mōhua, endemic mistletoe species
Mōhua and tokoeka (Haast brown kiwi) have also been released on Pomona Island in Lake Te Anau, and the Eglinton Valley contains significant populations of long-tailed bats.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

we have a place called fiordland

they were gonna call it fiordworld but disney already owned that name

fiordland is very very important. it’s our largest national part and the most untouched parts of the country and in some ways the world

so what im hearing is... they need touchers? yospos bitch

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
there's a zealand in denmark but unfortunately it sucks. no kākāpō at all. I assume they did better the second time around with the new one

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
i live in the area commonly known as Silicon Valley. it’s not even really a valley. there are mountains on one side but on the other there’s a huge bay. it’s the silicon coastal plain.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

rotor posted:

in bed, op

still here op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

there's a zealand in denmark but unfortunately it sucks. no kākāpō at all. I assume they did better the second time around with the new one

they ahold have called it zealand 2

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

second doxxing, norway represent

i wonder which nordic country has the most representation in yospos

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Tankakern posted:

second doxxing, norway represent

i wonder which nordic country has the most representation in yospos

zealand?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
:finland:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

greetings from the NZ antipode, Stockholm, Sweden.

we barely get six hours of daylight this time of year.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

axolotl farmer posted:

greetings from the NZ antipode, Stockholm, Sweden.

we barely get six hours of daylight this time of year.

what the gently caress

does this mean in summer u get the opposite

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

what the gently caress

yah. they barely get less than six hours in summer

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

echinopsis posted:

what the gently caress

yes. around midsummer, the sun dips below the horizon for a few hours, but it never really gets dark.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i transcend time and space and am a being of pure energy (shitposts)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i am not my body or my thoughts, simply a passenger and observer. i enjoy jerking my wanger

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life

tk posted:

I’m in Seattle.

(people actually in Seattle would get really upset about what I am characterizing as Seattle)

I'm in the actual city of Seattle.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

here again

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

fack you posted:

I'm in the actual city of Seattle.

I was actually in Seattle this morning but now I’m back to Seattle adjacent.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i'm in this state on the other side that looks sort of like v on a map. new york is reasonably close nearby, there's some mountains, it's green and so on

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
i'm in austin. so many cybertrucks.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Lum_ posted:

i'm in austin. so many cybertrucks.

you've seen more than one?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

jesus christ this cant keep happening

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m at the office

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

in bed, op

sad to say this is no longer true

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i'm on the toilet op

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Zeeland, MI. but not for long!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I live in peeland [there’s lots of people on the street and no public bathrooms]

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Australia.. lol m8

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i’m in a dark hallway. dim glow but i can’t see the door. there’s a dog down the hallway it’s not looking at me but i know it wants to get me. getting closer even though i don’t see it move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it’s a big dog i don’t want it !!