Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Inverse to my other thread, I think I'm the one of only a few people that liked the 2nd Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movie. Haven't seen it in a while but I remember enjoying a schlocky comic book movie with my mind turned off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Big Bang Theory was fine, Family Guy was funny.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I thought season 7 of Dexter was really good

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Moonraker is my favourite Bond film.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The later seasons of The Office were also fine even if they got pretty goofy. They're still quite watchable and way better than the British knockoff that got cancelled after like 12 episodes lol try doing something original, Ricky

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

i enjoyed true detective season 2

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

TengenNewsEditor posted:

This is a loving war crime

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Rubber
The movie about a sentient tire that murders people.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
One of my favorite movies is The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Everyone I know seems to absolutely hate it. I know it has a weird cult following of people who like to go see it in person at independent movie theaters and throw rice at the screen and poo poo but I don't really want anything to do with that, I just think it's a really enjoyable movie.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Bald and Bankrupt is good bitch.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think my penis performs quite well but consensus seems to suggest otherwise.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Devils Affricate posted:

One of my favorite movies is The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Everyone I know seems to absolutely hate it. I know it has a weird cult following of people who like to go see it in person at independent movie theaters and throw rice at the screen and poo poo but I don't really want anything to do with that, I just think it's a really enjoyable movie.

do you like shock treatment?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Southland Tales is one of my favorite movies. i know a few other fans, most tons of people seem to really hate it

i enjoy quite a lot of Kanye's album Life of Pablo, which is widely hated. i love Yeezus too. i wont defend Donda tho

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pac and Cheese posted:

I know I do. I'd give it an edge over Rocky in pacing since the floor show kind of slows Rocky to a crawl.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The Matrix's sequels were good. Not as good as the first installment, but that's an insanely high bar. They're entertaining and have some great action sequences, like the highway chase in Reloaded.

Terminator 3 was also fine. The ending ruled.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

The later seasons of The Office were also fine even if they got pretty goofy. They're still quite watchable and way better than the British knockoff that got cancelled after like 12 episodes lol try doing something original, Ricky
:agreed:

Michael's courtship with Holly was very sweet. And I liked Robert California a lot, mostly because of James Spader's performance.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Earwicker posted:

Southland Tales is one of my favorite movies. i know a few other fans, most tons of people seem to really hate it

this is a good one, just imagine all the horribly amazing movies we could have gotten if everyone didn't break r kelly's spirit (the good r kelly i mean)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I enjoy most of Metallica's post-1980s albums. The Black Album was probably the first heavy metal I ever heard as a kid. The more recent ones like Death Magnetic and Hardwired have some kickass tracks.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

I enjoy most of Metallica's post-1980s albums. The Black Album was probably the first heavy metal I ever heard as a kid. The more recent ones like Death Magnetic and Hardwired have some kickass tracks.

i dont think the Black Album is widely hated? i mean that was the first album of theirs that broke into the mainstream, so some of the more die-hard fans were bitter about that, but it was a very popular album in its time and its still popular now

it was the next album, Load, that everyone hated. both fans and non-fans. but i think St. Anger is widely regarded as their worst album, which i agree with, but the near-collapse of the band during its recording resulted in Some Kind of Monster, which is an amazing movie.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Prometheus is actually a good movie and one of my favorite Christmas movies. Every time I accidentally catch it on TV I watch it to the end.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Earwicker posted:

Oh oh this is mine. I love this movie too and have felt increasingly isolated for it.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I liked Caprica.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
"The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window" was probably my favorite new show last year. I've rewatched it twice.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dopesmoker and Welcome to Sky Valley are hit or miss

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Torquemada posted:

Moonraker is my favourite Bond film.

Moonraker is an amazing artifact and I love taking people through it for the first time.
It's a horrendously awful film and yet one of the most fun of all time as it constantly makes these baffling choices and has a bizarre direction. I am committed to the idea that someone in production conspired to try and make it self-satire, and everyone else was too dumb to not notice.

Golden Gun is also worth exactly one viewing. It's a masterpiece of terrible ideas.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SRQ posted:

I liked Caprica.

This is not a believable post. Please try harder.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Fighting Elegy posted:

"The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window" was probably my favorite new show last year. I've rewatched it twice.

i was actually going to say this but i thought it was too recent to sound cool or whatever. i laughed my rear end off the whole way through, it's clearly inspired by david wain in the best way

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Big Bang Theory was fine, Family Guy was funny.

I will go to bat with you for at least some chunks of Family Guy. BBT is indefensible trash :(.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat it. I had this thread idea (post your favorite guilty pleasure movies/shows) for months but I was too much of a pussy to make it.

I'll have to contemplate this.

Zugzwang posted:

Terminator 3 was also fine. The ending ruled.

:hmmyes:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I mentioned it in the other thread but the Netflix sitcom Friends From College got panned for the entire cast being unsympathetic, but the show consists of them continually reenacting the Sideshow Bob rake scene so it worked extremely well for me as an Always Sunny style schadenfreude generator. I'm not entirely sure that's what the creators were aiming for but you can't argue with results.

My wife introduced me to the indie dysfunctional family movie Eulogy which basically got buried immediately on release but I thought was good as a chill slow burn comedy. It does telegraph the big climactic jokes somewhat but I dunno, I think there's something to be said for painstakingly setting up a big elaborate gag in full view and then letting it rip.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

TengenNewsEditor posted:

I didn't know Vince Vaughn posted here

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Dr Katz, Professional Therapist is probably my favorite TV show of all time and I guess people don't hate it but for how astoundingly good it is very few people have ever heard of it or seen it. Every episode is on youtube though if you're so inclined. It's about a therapist whose clients are all stand-up comedians but it's way better than that makes it sound.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Pac and Cheese posted:

It's alright I guess. It has some good musical numbers and all the pot shots it takes at WASPy Americana are fun. I don't like how it completely changed the characters of Brad and Janet though, and overall it's much less bold of a movie than Rocky Horror. And, of course, it's missing Tim Curry. Solid 80s movie, but not iconic like RHPS.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Not really sure, sorry.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've had shock treatment about 50 times or so and I can't say I enjoyed it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I love Phantom of the Paradise much more than Rocky Horror Picture Show.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

But I like Rocky Horror, too.

It just seems like everyone loves Horror more than Paradise.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Never even heard of it. I'll check it out!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

yes

But I like Rocky Horror, too.

It just seems like everyone loves Horror more than Paradise.

yes

Devils Affricate posted:

betting you'll love it!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Devils Affricate posted:

You’re gonna love it! :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

Prometheus is actually a good movie and one of my favorite Christmas movies. Every time I accidentally catch it on TV I watch it to the end.

Saw it at the theater when it came out, enjoyed it a lot and the scene where they're running from the ship doesn't really bother me much