Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

People were so mad about Master Chief talking and showing his face as if the Halo novels weren't like 80% Master Chief with his hat off talking to people

Even just in the games, didn't Master Chief start talking back in like Halo 3? (I've never played a Halo, I just feel like I remember people grumbling about it a long time ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Speaking of which, I love the 2005 Doom with Karl Urban (:swoon:). It's just dumb fun.

It’s worth it for the first-person sequence alone, where someone basically just said, “gently caress it, here’s five minutes of CGI violence, this is our literal loving source material, quit bitching about The Rock and NuBones chewing the scenery.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmN1Xk1SdwQ

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chopped and screwed music
I grew up around it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYVR59Z4Lsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQE0JO913Y

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Chopped and screwed music
I grew up around it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQE0JO913Y

you loving rule

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The only mistake the doom movie made was using doom 3 monster designs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTwLqR071M

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Blue Moonlight posted:

It’s worth it for the first-person sequence alone, where someone basically just said, “gently caress it, here’s five minutes of CGI violence, this is our literal loving source material, quit bitching about The Rock and NuBones chewing the scenery.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmN1Xk1SdwQ

That's like one of 2-3 roles where the rock plays someone other than the baddest amurican hero to ever badass

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

The only mistake the doom movie made was using doom 3 monster designs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlCQp0HzS8Y

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I loving love the Warcraft movie. I’m not even a Warcraft guy, but that movie does exactly what its trying to do and is so campy and fun and stupid.

I also love Xena

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I like Dude, Where's My Car?

It's juvenile, absurd, and extremely, extremely bad. But I like it anyway.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The music of Wolfmother actually rocks, thank you very much.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like the Shyamalamalam movie Old, I think its really funny and goofy. It takes itself nice and seriously while also having a woman stumble around like a zombie yelling that she needs calcium.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Knowing with Nic Cage is a good movie. Most things with Nic Cage are good IMO.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Knowing is batshit I love that movie

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

Knowing is batshit I love that movie

I have infinite respect for any movie that ends with the entire Earth falling into the Sun

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nic Cage wandering around screaming looking for answers in an airliner crash that is continuing to explode

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zugzwang posted:

I like Dude, Where's My Car?

It's juvenile, absurd, and extremely, extremely bad. But I like it anyway.

You're testing the boundaries of this thread

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

On that note Dead Or Alive has one of the best endings in all of cinema.

After 90 minutes of an entirely straightlaced, by-the-books Cop vs Yakuza story you're treated to this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZak64C_DQE

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I dislike remakes, reboots, sequels and prequels to movies that don’t warrant it, but I really enjoyed the 2011 remake of Fright Night with Anton Yelchin and Colin Farrell. It retains that sharp humor and story of the original while updating them to the 21st century. The casting was great. I loved David Tennant as Peter Vincent and Christopher Mintze-Plasse as Evil Ed.

Plus, Toni Collette rules in anything she’s in, and Chris Sarandon has a great cameo. It’s a fun movie :drac:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Devils Affricate posted:

Even just in the games, didn't Master Chief start talking back in like Halo 3? (I've never played a Halo, I just feel like I remember people grumbling about it a long time ago)

He has talked since Halo CE.
But his best line is still halo 2's "to give the covenant back their bomb"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

He has talked since Halo CE.
But his best line is still halo 2's "to give the covenant back their bomb"

Dude. That is the best line ever.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Reno 911 is my favorite tv show

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Reno 911 is my favorite tv show

It's ok for improv masquerading as tv, do most people hate it or something?

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's ok for improv masquerading as tv, do most people hate it or something?

My wife does

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

:sever:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I liked Outsourced the TV show, and the 2003 HULK movie is the only good comic movie.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I liked Outsourced the TV show, and the 2003 HULK movie is the only good comic movie.

i've still got my coffee mug from when I saw the hulk at 14 years old. Iconic piece of merchandise imo.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

i've still got my coffee mug from when I saw the hulk at 14 years old. Iconic piece of merchandise imo.

2008 Hulk or 1983 Hulk. My older sister was scared of the 1983 Hulk

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

2008 Hulk or 1983 Hulk. My older sister was scared of the 1983 Hulk

Ang Lee 2003 actually. Insane person movie that I made my mum go see with me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

with you on that the Ang Lee Hulk movie is very fun

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The Super Mario Bros Movie. I've seen it about 30-40 times because my two year old loves Bowser and I've come around to thinking it's actually pretty good. Everything from Mario vs DK to the end is fun stuff.

As far as other kid poo poo goes, Paw Patrol also isn't really that bad either. There are a ton worse kids shows (Bubble Guppies, Puppy Dog Pals, et al)

This is less controversial now with the popularity of the netflix show, but I love One Piece. It's my favorite media franchise of all time. I proudly rock my Bartholomew Kuma hoodie often.

Milli Vanilli had some jams. I don't care that it wasn't actually those dudes performing.

I still listen to some third wave ska music. It's a fun and happy genre.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

I remember liking the velvet revolver song, and got on a promo for the local rock station for a little bit gushing about it like a dork.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Mentioned it in the other thread, but I think Nacho Libre is a very cute movie. It's beautifully shot and lit, the score is lovely, and I love the weird-rear end humor. A man is captured with tortilla chips, toast is shoved beneath a door as a romantic gesture, a man's eye is stabbed out by a whole corn cob, and the joke about him going out to live in the wilderness while the whole town casually observes him is great.

I know it's not an accurate story. A man flies out of the ring, halfway up the stadium steps, and tackles a retreating wrestler. Also all the stuff I said above. It's obviously not a biopic. It's just cute and silly and pretty.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The Many Saints of Newark is really good.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Ancient Aliens

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
ENT is the second best Star Trek.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Halloween Ends is a great slasher movie and the major issue with it is that they have to bring Michael Myers back at the end to wrap things up.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

How does one squee

it's like obscenity, you can't really describe it but you know it when you see it

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Chris Sarandon has a great cameo. It’s a fun movie :drac:

I keep hoping he'll show up in Chucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I liked Wonder Woman 1984. It used a lot of weird silver-age comic book logic which I thought was charming.