Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I try to buy local stuff only but the stuff from Colorado aint bad. I got a beer to drink on Christmas from Belgium which afaik is the only European beer Ive bought all year.

Whats beer like where you're at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pretty good. New England doesn't have a huge beer culture but I feel like anywhere in the US you can find a brewery that has some perfectly serviceable local fare. Thanks for asking!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Inbev owns a poo poo load of regional beers, mostly decent enough gas station sixers

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
anchor steam started showing up in my area right before Sapporo scuttled it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drinking a pbr at this very moment

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dr. Killjoy posted:

that was the perfect beer :rip:

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Dr. Killjoy posted:

they hosed up so hard with that acquisition

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
My dad and I bought a home brew store this month, ask me how stupid I feel getting into the retail biz in the age of amazon

Beats working in tech though

I have an anchor steam clone recipe somewhere I can post later

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

really sad how Sapporo killed Anchor Steam

that said Sierra Nevada was always better anyway

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
got together with some friends along with a guy from out of town and had too much beer last night including this ridiculously expensive but delicious beer:

Bottle Logic Space Trace (2023)
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Coconut Cacao Imperial Stout 12.7% ABV 30 IBU. Anaheim, CA

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mad.radhu posted:

My dad and I bought a home brew store this month, ask me how stupid I feel getting into the retail biz in the age of amazon

congrats :cheers:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
heidelberg and rainier letsgetit

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I prefer cider but to each their own :cheers:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:cheers:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

mad.radhu posted:

please

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Heavy for me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Nothing like taking a big drag from a can of full flavor fitlerless Budweiser.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Heavy for me

I drink beer when I don't want to get drunk for this exact reason

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i guess bell's distributes to all 50 states, now. that's crazy. good beer though. probably the best brewery in usa. their oberon wheat ale is great, nice n pukey. and their ipa is one of the only good ipas along with sierra nevada torpedo.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Theres at least 1 brewery per town where I live, with 3 in walking distance of my house. My favorite actually does European style beers well so ill usually get an Irish stout or a festbier or kolsch...tired of them hops

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
it's miller time

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

My chud brother would always say something like "why aren't you drinking American beer" when he'd see me with a craft beet and I'd tell him it was made nearby and not owned by foreigners like the macro brews and he would seem confused. This would happen every time he saw me drinking

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 06:49 on Mar 22, 2024

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

titty_baby_ posted:

My chud brother would always say something like "why aren't you drinking American beer" when he'd see me with a craft beet and I'd tell him it was made nearby and not owned by foreigners like the macro brews and he would seem confused. This would happen every time he saw me drinking

I've been thinking a lot lately about how certain people have an emotional incentive to remain ignorant in order to extract effort and attention from other people. Why would you learn anything or pay attention to anything when you find it gratifying to demand explanations over and over? It's a way of making other people serve you. And when people eventually snap at you for being so unbearably thick, you can deflect it and be like, Sheesh! I'm just trying to understand :confused: even though you're a big poo poo head.

Anyway, to get back on thread topic: Beer makes you fat and stupid.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

pandy fackler posted:

modelo mostly but lost coast tangerine wheat is the king of summer beers

I live by their brewery and a former employee put them on blast and said they don't pay well and have terrible quality control and showed photos of mold growing in the brewery building & also said they have a history of covering up sexual harassment. They posted her job at a lower pay afterwards lol

Nitevision posted:

I've been thinking a lot lately about how certain people have an emotional incentive to remain ignorant in order to extract effort and attention from other people. Why would you learn anything or pay attention to anything when you find it gratifying to demand explanations over and over? It's a way of making other people serve you. And when people eventually snap at you for being so unbearably thick, you can deflect it and be like, Sheesh! I'm just trying to understand :confused: even though you're a big poo poo head.

Anyway, to get back on thread topic: Beer makes you fat and stupid.

Hes a very bitter person. His mom wasn't good to him and my dad wasn't around for a lot of his childhood. In the past decade he's become tje perpetually outraged fox News chud persona and alienated most of his family with constant complaining. He finally moved to Texas after threatening to do so for years and ill probably never see him in person again until our dad dies.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 06:35 on Mar 22, 2024

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The artist is a local legend and has tons of work all over the county in that style. Sad to hear they'd treat them that way but not surprising. I honestly haven't had bad beer from them before and it is pretty cheap up here. The 6 packs of their core beers are like $7-8 at winco.

Humboldt cider is cool afaik. Theyve just expanded to a new location that I have yet to try. Theyre pretty expensive even here tho..like $14 for a 4 pack of pints. Eesh. My gf loves the cherry cider and gets it whenever we go out

Another one to look at here is eel river. They were the first organic certified brewery in the United States, their beer is pretty good and normally priced, the taproom is cool, and they have a lot of seltzers for e z drinking

Also mad river which has the 2nd widest distribution after lost coast. Theyve got a wide range, cool taproom, seltzers, etc etc

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

*drinking something terrible and almost intolerable*
Yeah, tastes great. Nice and hoppy!

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 06:34 on Mar 22, 2024

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Hamm's or grain belt or pacifico

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

gently caress your beer unless it's new glarus belgian red

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

O'so Infectious Groove ftw.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Theres at least 1 brewery per town where I live, with 3 in walking distance of my house. My favorite actually does European style beers well so ill usually get an Irish stout or a festbier or kolsch...tired of them hops

drat that owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pandy fackler posted:

lost coast tangerine wheat is the king of summer beers

really good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

jesus christ

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I wish there were some local German style places. I love me a good doppelbock but it's just not much of a thing outside of a 30-minute trip to specific beer gardens.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

cracking open a 19.2 Oz can. its a double hazy fruity IPA. 11% abv. can art looks like neon vomit. great time to drink beer in America.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Badactura posted:

Hamm's or grain belt or pacifico

gonna admit to liking Grain Belt too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Smythe posted: