Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
cracking open a cold one right now after a brutal extended evening of work bullshit that might not be entirely over yet

an ice cold, refreshing Sierra Nevada

hits just right & soothes the soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Had some Modelos recently and decided to forego the lime and they were poo poo!! Might grab a king can of Bud but otherwise it's shaping up to be another whisk(e)y weekend... :shrug:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the best use of beer is taking a cold one into the shower with you on a hot day, cracking it open, and chugging while water runs down all down all your parts. drink some of the water too, it doesn't matter. that's the joy and best use.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Keeping beer in my toilet tank like Homer

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

having a bīru (japanese for beer)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
went to the pub last night. all the beers were very bad so I drank wine, which was okay.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

wine and pizza is actually kinda underrated, even with (especially with?) dirt-cheap wine. there I said it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

had a bock from a local brewery that managed to dig up the old recipe from a brewery that closed during prohibition

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Dr wants me tested for celiac disease and I'm not having it

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

im going to drink some beers tonite

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/Worthikids/status/1748408596654612515?t=DR1S43P3GWmmbuu7TiMGyg&s=19

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I used to do this thing in my red wine days where I would pop a few mozzarella cheese curds in my glass and then eat them when I finished the glass.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

UGH

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Bought some locally made beers for tonight, a pilsner and an English dark mild. They're okay.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crushing some Michelob Ultras

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Having some non alcoholic beers because I'm still doing a successful dry January

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Having some non alcoholic beers because I'm still doing a successful dry January

nice job. I'm just keeping it to the weekends and might keep that practice going

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Nice work. My wet January is also going well.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

In Heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all that beer

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I started drinking beers regularly about 2 years ago (after going the rest of my adulthood virtually never drinking) because I really like the ones a local brewery (Wiseacre) make, but I think I'm going to stop because I'm 99% sure regular drinking, even if you're not drinking much (as in my case), makes you feel worse.

It's a shame since they taste good.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah weekends only is good policy, it helps you feel a lot better but also is way easier to take than quitting entirely

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

In Heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all that beer

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Having a big bear

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

crushing some Michelob Ultras

it owns to drink 4-8 of these in rapid succession

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip dry january, but i think that's the longest i've gone without drinking in years. seems pretty easy to finish out the month now

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
it's been a couple of really slow months at the homebrew shop, don't think i'm gonna earn back rent for january. looking forward to spring.

on the plus side our equipment rep hooked it the gently caress uppppp with a demo station since the previous owner is taking his with him (he was brewing in the shop on picobrews... who the gently caress demos equipment that isn't even available for purchase anymore?). we're getting a big ol 10 gal capable 220v brewzilla, a pressure capable fermenter, and a glycol chiller for an unbelievably small amount of money, oh yeah

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah weekends only is good policy, it helps you feel a lot better but also is way easier to take than quitting entirely

I feel like stopping entirely (outside of holidays or social events) is probably best for me, since I easily form habits (edit: and I also used to never drink; I basically only had like one beer every 2 years or so up until a couple years ago). I feel like a beer in the evening has become similar to having caffeine in the morning for me, which is an issue (it feels like something that is necessary for me to start relaxing in the evening, similar to how I need caffeine in the morning to start doing stuff).

I got these non-alcoholic beers from "Athletic Brewery" that are surprisingly good.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 20:26 on Jan 20, 2024

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI

Everyone in this video is dead, but it's not beer's fault

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Got a tall can each of Peroni and Bitburger chilling in the fridge. Looking forward to an afternoon brew after running a few errands :beerpal:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

has anyone read any of the books about the coors or anheuser-busch families? i still need to read silver bullets about the coors family next

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
still sober, op

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

had some polish lager last night great stuff

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Buck Wildman posted:

had some polish lager last night great stuff

Was it a Zubr? I had a Lech the other night and enjoyed it.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
tried to hunt for some bottled arrogant bastard, no dice but I found a ten year old Stone black ipa in the warm beer section

I got some corona familiar instead

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

has anyone read any of the books about the coors or anheuser-busch families? i still need to read silver bullets about the coors family next

that sounds interesting op

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I'm not big on reading but it's entirely possible the family-run cartels ruthless enough to officially survive Prohibition may in fact never have been good people

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

Was it a Zubr? I had a Lech the other night and enjoyed it.

just zwiec nothing fancy. good "it's Friday" beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
St. Louis Lager Beer

3.5% abv

Botswana's local pride