Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Dr. Killjoy posted:

tried to hunt for some bottled arrogant bastard, no dice but I found a ten year old Stone black ipa in the warm beer section

I got some corona familiar instead

good call, they haven’t made that black IPA in a looooooong time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i just finished a long day and now i am drinking a cold one :cheers:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
pork ribs braising in salsa verde, about to make some Spanish rice, and enjoying a Modelo

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

pork ribs braising in salsa verde, about to make some Spanish rice, and enjoying a Modelo

I always have to ask, regular Modelo or dark? You can't go wrong either way imo as long as you have lime

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
made a mexican lager on saturday, cheers everyone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

mad.radhu posted:

It's all German to me.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mad.radhu posted:

Sikk rig there also hope you're hanging in OK

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Sikk rig there also hope you're hanging in OK

All the funding fell through, we're probably going to lose the house, the shop isn't making any money and I measured to see if I could hide my kid's crib under one of the shelves. Other than that it's fine.

I thought brew day would draw in customers but we made like $60. Oh well

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Al! posted:

still sober, op

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks to this thread I’ve been taking a day off alcohol every week

Right now in preparation enjoying a pint of Rodeo Clown double pale ale made in Houston by an Anheuser owned brewery. 9.5% abv with legs wearing cowboy boots coming out the top of a barrel on the label

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Les Os posted:

Thanks to this thread I’ve been taking a day off alcohol every week

Right now in preparation enjoying a pint of Rodeo Clown double pale ale made in Houston by an Anheuser owned brewery. 9.5% abv with legs wearing cowboy boots coming out the top of a barrel on the label

Try two days...it's fucming wild

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Never!!!!!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I've been abstaining since new year's, the plan is two months but once I'm done I'm looking forward to a nice beer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pro strat is to not drink sun-thur. been applying this technique this semester and its working well. also save mucho dinero $$$$ :retrogames:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I read some bro-science about how your liver can't perform the normal recovery function that actually produces the benefits of exercise so now I don't drink on work out days (3-4 times a week). highly recommend.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I read that one day off a week does wonders for the liver which is probably why I'm not dead from 2017-2020

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
made me fat

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The local fancy grocery store does massively discounted beers when they need to make space for inventory and ive been getting like pints of Rasputin for $2 and stocking up

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

pro strat is to not drink sun-thur. been applying this technique this semester and its working well. also save mucho dinero $$$$ :retrogames:

The Super Bowl is on Sunday, you fool!!!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

had some athlete na beer today, a little bitter/watery but much better than I was anticipating

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
it's ok. too many calories tho.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
got a stout spout for the intertap faucets we have at work, pours a great irish stout. "cool" -me

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Hatebag posted:

i guess bell's distributes to all 50 states, now. that's crazy. good beer though. probably the best brewery in usa. their oberon wheat ale is great, nice n pukey. and their ipa is one of the only good ipas along with sierra nevada torpedo.

I just wanted to say that “nice n pukey” has been with me since page 1

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

mad.radhu posted:

mamma mia…

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

thinking about getting a growler filled after work. dunno yet

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Spergin Morlock posted:

thinking about getting a growler filled after work. dunno yet

The only affordable growler fills near me are on Sundays, so I only do it when I have Monday off.

One of the newer breweries in town was charging $30 for a growler fill lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

titty_baby_ posted:

The only affordable growler fills near me are on Sundays, so I only do it when I have Monday off.

I live in the Seattle area so I'm pretty much expecting a $30 fee to fill i lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

titty_baby_ posted:

:psyduck:

the place here that makes the dang best and thoughtful curated beers is $20 for a 64oz

i will of course be tippinn g back a miller high life in a cool long neck bottle

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

My usual spot, the best place in town, is $15 for a 64 oz growler and $13 on Sundays. Theres some others in nearby towns that are the same or cheaper but I don't like the beer as much and don't want to drive

Spergin Morlock posted:

I live in the Seattle area so I'm pretty much expecting a $30 fee to fill i lol

That's absolutely ridiculous

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

It was more like $20

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Give me as many thoroughly mediocre IPAs with "juicy" in the name as possible, for no one buys them because they think there's actual juice in and then I get 4-packs for $5 on clearance.

On second thought, maybe chill on this just a little, I just opened one and it went off like a 30-06 complete with blowing the tab out of the can.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mandoric posted:

Give me as many thoroughly mediocre IPAs with "juicy" in the name as possible, for no one buys them because they think there's actual juice in and then I get 4-packs for $5 on clearance.

On second thought, maybe chill on this just a little, I just opened one and it went off like a 30-06 complete with blowing the tab out of the can.

the packaging for some of those make it look like they have the pulp in them.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Some of them have so much sediment that chewy would be a more apt descriptor than juicy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Some of them have so much sediment that chewy would be a more apt descriptor than juicy

This sounds disgusting.

Why can't all beers just be Flemish reds???

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hazies used to be good, but now the average one is just bland cloudy juice

same with your average sours except it's off fruit juice

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Drinking some SN pale ales while I grill some chicken wings. Lazy Sundays are the best.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Enjoying a Kilkenny right now. Better than Guinness but I love any beer thoughtful enough to have the widget in the can

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Back when I was drinking beer, I one time came across this large gelatinous blob. I flipped out and spat it out in a panic.

Apparently that isn't super abnormal, but it sure surprised me at the time.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

Back when I was drinking beer, I one time came across this large gelatinous blob. I flipped out and spat it out in a panic.

Apparently that isn't super abnormal, but it sure surprised me at the time.
You hit the scoby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Dokapon Findom posted:

Enjoying a Kilkenny right now. Better than Guinness but I love any beer thoughtful enough to have the widget in the can

It's 100x better on draft and luckily enough my local pub is run by some nice folks from Kilkenny.