Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/tiny_rogues/status/1767476173070541091

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ruby doing some more teasing/previewing of the next update:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I feel like I always just bomb shrines so improving them sounds promising

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Promising updates.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kuros posted:

Promising updates.

:agreed:

I just hope "week of the 29th" is earlier rather than later so I can get some runs in before PoE takes over my life (again).

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

A Strange Aeon posted:

I feel like I always just bomb shrines so improving them sounds promising

Yeh same.

Isn't there a perk thats shrine effects are perm? I never took it since shrines were so few. Wonder if that means there's a new perk in the update too (I didn't watch the videos obviously).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No, the permanent buff traits are resins (Infusion), potions (Mageblood) and booze (Boozer).

White Robe makes shrine effects permanent.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

White Robe makes shrine effects permanent.

Since shrines are now permanent by nature, white robe's new effect is doubling shrine buffs.

The elven item set has been reworked into an evade-based set and no longer has any interaction with shrine effects.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/tiny_rogues/status/1770566911421555063

https://twitter.com/tiny_rogues/status/1770867397076857298

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Really interesting. I hated using a lot of the spellbook, but I dunno if I like the idea of not handling the firing at all.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Really interesting. I hated using a lot of the spellbook, but I dunno if I like the idea of not handling the firing at all.

This is a massive upgrade for controller players like myself.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Kuros posted:

This is a massive upgrade for controller players like myself.

Yeah, the dev seems to habe his finger on exactly the small problems I still have with the game, love it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I play exclusively with MKB and I love the spellbook change, aiming bombardment weapons was really annoying.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that's pretty insane to me considering i thought codecs were among the most broken weapons in the game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Futaba Anzu posted:

that's pretty insane to me considering i thought codecs were among the most broken weapons in the game

They often are. They're also really annoying to aim

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
There were a few outliers but a lot of them were terrible mechanically on top of the awkward projectiles.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

0.2.4 patch released and patch notes up:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/2088570/announcements/detail/4201368959541813425

Kuros fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 27, 2024

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How the gently caress is this a minor patch lol.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sweet, I get to binge this tonight before Path of Exile consumes my life for the next 2+ weeks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Monk: Now only consumes Ki-Charges if you hit an enemy with a primary attack shortly after dashing. Previously consumed them on dash. Now also recovers all your stamina points when consuming your Ki-Charges."

Oh thank god. Still not great but much better now.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

How the gently caress is this a minor patch lol.

Right? RubyDev has been putting in a ton of work into rebalance, additions and QoL and more and it shows.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sad Hero ate the nerf bat whole but his ability was pretty broken and needlessly confusing for new players.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Red dice got buffed?? Well I'm not gonna complain.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

Red dice got buffed?? Well I'm not gonna complain.

Kind of a mix buff/nerf. It can erase cursed rooms now but since cursed rooms are always the higher reward versions it means you can't reroll to try to get a more favorable buffed curse reward.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

removing the toggling between mouse and gamepad is pretty cool because it means i can now do the controller in left hand for movement and mouse in right for aiming thing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
huh weird, i was already able to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Snooze Cruise posted:

huh weird, i was already able to do that

it'd work up until you press a controller button to use anything else other than moving with joystick i found. i'm assuming the new specifications make it so it doesn't do that now