Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So what's the deal with the souls you collect? I've had about six runs of the updated game, completed it on one character, and I've never seen a single place to spend them in.

Well, souls before were the thing that made you progress the mastery level progression, now it has changed, as now you advance with the crowns/counters from beating a boss. Now souls are an ancillary currency used for some shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You might have seen a soul shop too and just didn't realize it and picked it. It says shop just like the normal ones but in blue. Can be easy to miss that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All good changes:

https://twitter.com/tiny_rogues/status/1739605739868488109

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think its for the better but i do kinda miss stat increases giving you hearts or evade. not even from a gameplay perspective i just thought it was kinda cute and flavorful.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This seems even more important, a place where you get a heart / stamina / mana. I wonder if it will be in a fixed place, instead of being rng dependent.

https://twitter.com/tiny_rogues/status/1739591546914091343

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

This seems even more important, a place where you get a heart / stamina / mana. I wonder if it will be in a fixed place, instead of being rng dependent.

Looks like it'll be a "every 3rd floor" deal or something along these lines.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

This is a weapon for real sickos and I knew I was going to win as soon as I got it right at the beginning of the run.

https://i.imgur.com/lOYE9kK.mp4

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Just did my evil ranger run to unlock the demon hunter and it ended up getting really bonkers with the bow that deals frostbite + chill, a ton of stacked crit and mark related perks, as well as +100% damage from being very evil plus a charm that adds +40% for being evil. :sickos:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

More patch 0.2.1 previewing... Ruby has heard your pleads for survivability.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://youtu.be/2lj5VfuCMUI?si=hwPszWy5C39JXGa0

If you haven't listened to the new OST, then I recommend giving it a listen. There are some floor and boss themes with really jamming parts I was surprised to hear for the first time since I always rushed through them too quickly before.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
So just going to leave it out there:

The Metal guitar with resolute technique and bone splinters is very, very good. It becomes insane if you have the epic Aztec-looking headdress.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Does feel like Int classes are pretty much free wins if you have enough trait rerolls. Get Glass Cannon (or one of the other crushing blow ones, but GC feels ideal) and Dreamer (+topend damage per mana), get a weapon with a high top end like lightning stuff, and if Sorcerer go all in with Soul Scarf+Power Hungry. Just aim for dice rooms so you can reroll, and then you'll kill everything before it can act. Even the postgame bosses die seconds after their speech, and because there's so few traits required it feels consistent.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It seems the new version should release very soon. From the discord, these are the changes:

quote:

Added a new feature: From floor 2 onwards, the bonfire meets you in the spawn room and you can trade Souls for favours.
Weapon Upgrade Levels now grant 10% more damage, up from 5%.
The Blacksmith related meta perks "Loss Leader", "Worth Of A Soul" and "Loyality" all have been buffed.
There is 30 new items, including a lot of defensive options and items for melee builds. (I will announce the equipment items in a separate post after this.)
There have been some changes to existing items, such as:
Coward's Ring: It now also triggers your on dash effects on dropping a bomb.
Dragonscale Greaves: Add +1 Suppression and grant 30% melee damage now.
Fire/Ice/Thunder Dragon Gauntlets: Now grant +1 Suppression.
Trait: Double Trouble: Instead of doubling the critical hit multiplier of repeated attacks it now makes repeated attacks deal lethal hits.
Trait: Swagger, now also triggers your on dash effects every 5th primary attack.
Trait: One Step Ahead, now additionally doubles the critical hit multiplier of repeated attacks. (Repeats attack on dash.)
New Trait: Ignition Burst: Explosion DMG ignites and also power grants burn damage.
New "uncommon" companion: Camel, grants +1 Stamina.
Tavern: Nurse now also recovers flasks.
Tavern: NEW tavern NPC: the Dryad. She sells Green Blossoms and is good aligned, making you good and items become cheaper when you are good.
BUFFED all 1H swords by 10% to 30% across the board.
BUFFED giga everything on all hero sword variations and made improvements to the upgrade materials showing up.
BUFFED all daggers by 10% to 20% across the board.
BUFFED all axes by at least 10% and the "tricky to use axes" (2 projectiles) by up to 30%.
BUFFED all maces by 10% across the board.
BUFFED all polearms and scythes by 10% across the board.
NERFED: Death Tyrants now activate their laser beams staggered from each other.

Stamina Potion is now in the base pool of available potions.
Soul Heart rewards are slightly more common.
ALL dice now appear in the basic shops (Rat Merchant, Soul Peddler, Witch Doctor, ...)
Heart Containers now appear in those shops too.
Phoenix Feathers now appear in these shops too.
Rat Merchant now also has a chance by default to offer 4 offers.
Desert Floor "Alien Traders" and "Nomad Trader" now offer more offers.
Slot Machine breaks quicker but base win chance has been increased.
Slot Machine now awards Soul Heart instead of Souls.
Nerf Curse taking effect chance in the range of 0 to 3 curse.
Ethereal Dice are more common, more compareable to Red Dice now.
Meta Perk: Ethereal Roulette now grants +2 ethereal dice from dice rewards.
Tavern: Farmer boy and santa are 5G cheaper.
MASTERY XP CURVE: Adjusted so you level up quicker over all, especially the first 15 levels go very fast now.
Shellfish Surge and Oceans Bounty now last 10/20 rooms up from 1/10 rooms depending on the consumable.
Soul Economy Rebalance: Soul prices don't rise anymore like gold does.
Soul Economy Rebalance: all soul prices have been reduced.
Kelp Consumable: now adds +1 stamina permanently. (like the Starfish for mana)
Added 3 new meta perks:
Evergreen: Green Blossoms last 10 rooms up from 1 room.
Heart Seeker: Items with hearts are 25% more common.
Stamina Scout: Items with stamina are 25% more common.

New Item List:
Blossom Ring: +1 Stamina
Ring of Evasion: +1 Evade
Gunpowder Ring: 5% increased explosion damage per bomb you have, up to 100%.
Dreamcatcher Pendant: On picking up a mana star, trigger your on comabt start effects. (Funny with vision quest.)
Armor of Favour: +1 Heart, +1 Stamina, +1 Mana
Boxing Shorts: +1 Stamina, Grant 10% increased unarmed attack speed per stamina you have.
NEW SET: Fencing Set (Touche! Engarde!) uses Fencing Mask and new item: Fencing Suit. Set Bonus: Hits with repeated attacks from swords trigger your on kill effects and 4 seconds after that, your on combat start effects are also triggered.
Fencing Suit: +1 Stamina
Gaia Armor: +1 Heart, Green Blossoms are permanent.
Golem Armor: +2 Hearts, 50% increased damage with crushing hits
Soccer Kit: Periodically trigger your on taking damage effects every 5 seconds.
Elven Cloak: Part of elven set. Grants +1 evade.
Gambeson: +1 Heart, +1 Suppression
Turtle Armor: +2 armor, +1 heart
Breaker Gauntlets: +1 armor, Melee hits inflict armor break.
Dragonscale Gauntlets: +1 suppression, 20% melee damage
Red Riding Hood (epic helmet): +2 stamina
Traffic Cone: +1 evade
Space Helmet: +1 defy death, when an orbital completes a rotation, trigger your on dash effects (and I fixed it so bibles and flails can trigger this)
Clockwork Boots: Periodically trigger your on dash effects every 4 seconds.
Rondache: +1 block, +1 stamina
Skull Shield: +1 block, +1 suppression
Parsec Boots: Periodically trigger your on pick up mana star effects every 10 units moved.
New charm: Stamina Charm
New charm: Soul Heart Charm (Grants a Soul Heart on level up.)
New charm: Block Charm
New charm: Evasion Charm
New charm: Flask Charm
New charm: Suppression Charm

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dang thats a lot of buffs. Guess I get to be smug forever about beating game when it was harder (with the crutch class).

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Looking forward to a lot of those changes. Especially to the poor, poor fishing items.

I wouldn't mind a trait that made those permanent, or hell, even a fisherman class that made them permanent.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The 0-3 curse nerf is good. Losing a trait slot because of 1 curse is so stupid and makes me avoid the mechanic entirely.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish you still got hearts the old way. i keep getting to the endgame with 2 fuckin hearts and nothing else because i never, ever see heart containers

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i wish you still got hearts the old way. i keep getting to the endgame with 2 fuckin hearts and nothing else because i never, ever see heart containers

Blood chests (and especially blood chest mimics) are your best bet for heart containers, other than that just put on some armor.

There is a patch in beta that should go live in a few days that will let you buy heart containers at the start of every level for 30 souls a pop and also lets them show up in shops.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Update 0.2.1 just went up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Patch notes, not too much different from what Turin Turambar posted above: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2088570/view/3883856311482028274

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the holy poopacy posted:

Blood chests (and especially blood chest mimics) are your best bet for heart containers, other than that just put on some armor.

There is a patch in beta that should go live in a few days that will let you buy heart containers at the start of every level for 30 souls a pop and also lets them show up in shops.

explosivo posted:

Update 0.2.1 just went up

well poo poo all i had to do was complain lmao. I did finally unlock the doppelganger though so I can stop worrying about if ive beaten the game with a hero before. I didn't realise he can steal the loadout from still-locked heroes, I started my first run and he's a doppelganger samurai despite me not having that class. Pretty cool imo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know I should have expected such an update given rubydev's track record but drat that was quick

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Y'know at some point I'd expect it to just go ⭐14 instead of actually displaying all of them to the point where it kind of gets in the way.
Cloak of Mystra doubles all of the mana stars you get, stacked with the Archwizard Hat for +3 mana, as well as a +1 mana charm.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Those stars make me ask - is Power multiplicative or additive with other sources of dmg% bonuses?

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

No Wave posted:

Those stars make me ask - is Power multiplicative or additive with other sources of dmg% bonuses?

I think when it explicitly says "X% more" it's multiplicative.
I kinda got the feeling that it's multiplicative for mana stars, seeing how the final boss got deleted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH2l870CR8E

This would've been even nuttier if I had more mana-related traits going on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This new campfire in between floors really makes it easy to stack tons of hearts if you're rocking the soul scarf. Use all your flasks, then fill up again for 10 souls.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

But is a dozen soul hearts ever actually better than eight dice?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Captain Flame Guy posted:

I think when it explicitly says "X% more" it's multiplicative.

To expand on this, because this is a very important part of the game's power scaling and terminology:

"% increased damage" is very distinct from "% more damage". They are two separate types of damage increases! So having 100% increased damage and 100% more damage is not the same as having 200% increased damage and 0% more damage. The former will give you 4x damage altogether, the latter will give you 3x.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

To expand on this, because this is a very important part of the game's power scaling and terminology:

"% increased damage" is very distinct from "% more damage". They are two separate types of damage increases! So having 100% increased damage and 100% more damage is not the same as having 200% increased damage and 0% more damage. The former will give you 4x damage altogether, the latter will give you 3x.
Ok, THIS is what I needed to know. That helps/explains a lot.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

SKULL.GIF posted:

Between the Mageblood reference and this, the dev is definitely a Path of Exile player, right?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

There are so many colored keywords and weird gotchas that I'm waiting until the wiki is more updated, yeah.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Honestly I think if you're trying to figure out exactly how your stuff works you're probably doing it wrong, just hunt for things that boosts keywords you have and watch number go brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I can confirm the game is now easier. Not as easy as the initial 0.1 EA version, but easier than 0.2 released a few days ago. Just enough that I could win with the Warrior on the first try, without a super legendary weapon or a multi item synergy.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Will the game have the decency of give a cold two-handed weapon? Not, of course not. Hell, for now it hasn't offered me either of the two.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i keep forgetting to do weapon rerolls

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

SKULL.GIF posted:

But each instance of "more" is its own separate multiplier right? So even better. If you have A and B increased damage bonuses and C and D more damage bonuses it stacks like:

Base Damage * (A + B) * C * D

edit: At least that's how it works in Path of Exile which I assume is where the dev got the system from

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

Will the game have the decency of give a cold two-handed weapon? Not, of course not. Hell, for now it hasn't offered me either of the two.

Eventually I got a bow, which I had forgotten they are two handed, of course.
In any case, this was the most ridiculous run I had of the game. I had three legendary items (pity two of them were both for offhand) and 1 legendary charm and a several other epic items. Just stupid. It was with the mystic, the double charm effect nets you a +40% magic find (to her starting charm) so I guess thanks to that I had higher chance of finding all this poo poo.

I totally could have continued playing ever increasing difficult dungeons as I was super OP, but I reached the boss after Death, and then I couldn't advance anymore because a gate was closed, I didn't have the required good stats.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think I've unlocked all of the new characters now. I'm really enjoying the game and the new mechanics have made it a lot more addicting, I just wish there was more content to mess around with. Granted, Binding of Isaac took years to fill out its content, so I'm sure Tiny Rogues will be even more amazing by the time it leaves Early Access.

E: that reminds me, how do you change the campfire from orange to blue? Mine is still orange. Is it because I'm using an old save file from before the update? Or is it because I'm not running cinder?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It turns blue once you hit meta level 30, cap out, and start getting paragon levels (that seem to do absolutely nothing). Or it should, at least. If you're past that and it's still red then I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Infinity Gaia posted:

It turns blue once you hit meta level 30, cap out, and start getting paragon levels (that seem to do absolutely nothing). Or it should, at least. If you're past that and it's still red then I dunno.

I don't think I'm at 30 yet, but close to it. Does that mean you can't fill out the whole mastery upgrade map then? That's disappointing if so.