Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Your Computer posted:

are they though? i don't think i've ever had a good run with an instrument, even the legendary ones. the slow projectile speed is such a killer when i could've instead been pelting the enemies with arrows or bombard them with spells

In my experience, absolutely. To be honest I don't know why since on paper they don't sound that ludicrous, but the kazoo for instance is only a blue weapon and it's been by -far- the most damaging one I've seen in the entire game. The hell's final boss barely got to move before it keeled over the last time I found it. Other sound weapons I've found have been good as well (don't think I've tried them all, though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've also beaten 16 Cinder and now I play at ~12 Cinder and I find that to be the sweet spot of challenge x enjoyability.

Same, 12-14 seems to be a good spot. At least the maggot cinder & the "bosses have 2 adds" one has got to go for me.