Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Does feel like Int classes are pretty much free wins if you have enough trait rerolls. Get Glass Cannon (or one of the other crushing blow ones, but GC feels ideal) and Dreamer (+topend damage per mana), get a weapon with a high top end like lightning stuff, and if Sorcerer go all in with Soul Scarf+Power Hungry. Just aim for dice rooms so you can reroll, and then you'll kill everything before it can act. Even the postgame bosses die seconds after their speech, and because there's so few traits required it feels consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Tbh I've never even seen any of the later boss attack patterns for more than like 10-15 seconds, with the exception of once. Most of the time I've rolled an insane talent/weapon combo that deletes them in seconds, or I've barely struggled to them on 1 heart and die.
Once I made it to the final heavens boss on a cleric with a mediocre purple sword and virtually no talent support and actually had to learn the patterns which was fun. It's kind of a shame runs where you can get ludicrous damage are so common.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
The maggot cinder isn't even a challenge like the boss adds are. It just means you have to waste some time at the end of each room clearing up hp sponge enemies that don't threaten you.