Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Those refills take up spots that could be used for more stats and damage, I'd rather kill stuff before I get hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Game really got easier over the weekend, huh.
Did my first run on primal death since the beta ended, and ended up with 3 rows of various health. And I wasn't even using the scarf.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just did a celestial throne run as Cyborg with an unarmed build, and man, you gotta work a lot harder for a victory with that than pretty much any other build out there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Azran posted:

How exactly do I get lawful alignment on purpose? I assume that way lies Primal Death
Basically, once you defeat the guardian in the shadowlands after death, it will unlock lawful shops that sometimes spawn after bosses. Shopping here with souls gives you +lawful alignment.

This mechanic will repeat later on for the other alignments.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
To add to this, some companions have lower weight than others, for no particular reason. Like this:

has 0.5 weighting, which means you can summon 2 of them for each companion slot you have.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I like that the Burning Hells boss has a couple of phases that are lifted straight out of PoE.

I only saw the "Maze" phase (from Sirus) for the first time earlier, since I got there with a real crappy loadout, and had to spend several minutes fighting him.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I wish starting item would be saved based on class. I like the mana potion for the intelligence classes, but I don't particularly care about using it for, say, warrior or soldier.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pirate is weird. You'll hit Pirate King rank by like floor 5 or 6 without really trying for it, so you'll just get a bunch of pretty solid stats for free without dedicating much to it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
RIP win-streak. 16-cinder is pretty rough.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Jusupov posted:

Kratos is op

You weren't kidding lol. I was critting for 200k+

Edit: Are Paragon levels for anything?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Turin Turambar posted:

Do you people really like to play like that?
With the CRT line effect, I mean.

I honestly don't mind it much. Though I in general feel like turning off all effects and postprocessing can get a big dull, so I prefer to keep it on unless it's completely obnoxious.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

RoboCicero posted:

Yeah, I've been trying to knock off a 16 cinder win as my next step and it rules because the first few levels are suddenly way harder because your power curve is hosed up to hell. Doomed To Fail means you're firing in the dark as far as your first trait goes, your dps output is terrible, you're on the verge of death until you get to floor 2 and can soul flask up to neutral, and on top of all that bosses are now firing lightning and fire everywhere between their double enchants and the autobot reinforcements.

I genuinely think the Broken Hero Sword is the way to go, but it's the definition of a slow start since you're going for ~110 gold for the forge shops (with the cheaper forges / forge to level 4 metaupgrades) to hit Hero Sword +4. Not too hard on lower cinder counts, but I'm getting My rear end Kicked passing up all the progression rewards to get the gold.

Did Infernal Throne on my first try on cinder 16 with Berserker, so can recommend that character if you're just looking to get a win.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is probably an obvious thing, but does the game get harder when you go up world tiers? After unlocking the world tier where you have to focus on alignment, the latter half of the game feels a lot harder than the game was on the previous world tiers.

It unlocks some new floors/bosses, but I'd actually say it gets easier with the addition of the alignment shops, since they give you the opportunity to snowball faster.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
For alignment, I feel it's worth mentioning that there are a few places you can manipulate it outside of the shops, mainly through the tavern.

In the tavern:
  • Buying a curse purge or one of those stamina grass gives +1 Good
  • Buying illegal gun parts, or buying/selling anything at the black market gives +1 Evil
  • Buying the dice sets gives + 1 Lawful
  • Buying the Storm in a Bottle gives +1 Chaos

Won't be enough to get you into an endgame zone on their own, but can help tip the scales.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
People are aware that you can reroll any trait into a random different one with obsidian dice, right?
Pick the dice starter set, and you likely should have one to begin with, too.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The game is honestly pretty easy right now, outside of some of the late cinder modifiers. Mainly because a lot of the purple and orange weapons are absurdly overpowered.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Your Computer posted:

man speak for yourself i'm struggling even on runs where i get a legendary :negative: in all this time i've beaten the final boss once

like i can usually beat death, but a lot of my runs end before i can even get to the boss after that. and then there's another boss after that too :shepface:

Yeah the thing is... The early game, before you find a good weapon and have to actually survive for an extended amount of time against bosses, is often the hardest. Especially on higher cinder difficulties.
Once you can reliably get to the point where you find one of the top-end weapons, you can basically just coast through the rest of the game.

Edit: And the alignment shops really do make stuff easier, especially with the +40%/+100% damage alignment charms and accesories.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, the dice starting gift is invaluable, though it's locked behind mastery 20 iirc.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If you can find the chain chomp flail, it's actually pretty decent, since it hits twice on every attack.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If anyone wants to play around with legendary weapons, the alchemist will give you basically an endless supply.

You'll probably have one by, like, floor 3

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You can already get a poison infusion that you can make permanent btw, it's one of the starting gifts. Just hold onto it until you get the perm infusion perk.

I wonder how much faster Druid's starting weapon is gonna shred bosses with the nature damage update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Hero also starts with an armor that gives +10% damage per good alignment, so honestly he should probably be in S tier.
Though I guess he's not the strongest early on.