Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I got used to the game difficulty post 0.2.0 and pre 0.2.1, but the new stuff is nice and welcome. Game is in a good spot, even if it lacks the depth in terms of pathing of other games (mostly thinking Isaac), but it's now mechanically very sound with a lot of different options - kind of excited to see where he'll take the game next. Definitely feel like a steal since I got it before the price hike (like waaaaaay before) but drat is it currently just a good and fun game to pop a run in and forget about everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah I'm not a fan of the current alignment system. It isn't bad, but you are TERRIBLY limited in your options. Hell, without the -1 room requirement talent, I've had runs where I just got one room of the desired alignment and like got nothing after that, or had to sacrifice item choices because it would've given me points towards a different one and hosed the run.

I like the routing system and the idea of actions giving points toward something, but in its current format it feels like there's too little and you'll have to just ignore some stuff entirely if you're doing a certain type of run (like avoiding the black market if you're doing Good).

Relatively minor complaint I'm sure the dev will fix though!

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Well that's what I meant, yeah those can tip the balance, but they are far and few in between.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I did a run at max cinder and finished it, that was not fun I will never do that again and only play with the cinder modifiers I am comfortable with god drat was that some poo poo

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Not to derail too much but Void Rains and Nova Drift are really funny games that COULD get a full release but the devs insist on still being in early access cause they think they need to work on them still to make them full release "worthy"

Kinda insane