Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

I've been trying to do the infernal unlock for warrior and last run I had literally zero evil shops or black markets.
I love this game but sometimes!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to finally have all those unlocked. I probably had 4 attempts short-circuited by alignment shop randomness. (Although I did learn on my very last one that the soul shops in Level 11 offer alignment with their path.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hell yeah, I hate how long that animation takes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Having a lot of fun with the game but man is it frustrating having a run I know will easily clear floor 12 on a path and not being able to do as it's my first time through. Happened my first time into both hell and heaven.

Yeah, it's a little salve that it counts killing Death as a "win", but I am annoyed when my broken runs end on floor 11

I always sit on the throne, even though I think the ichor is there to save you the time.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 27, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bard's got a nice set of homing weapons that allow you to focus entirely on dodging, which I think it a pretty big buff in the later areas. As bullet hell as it gets, I think you're still able to dodge most anything if you can focus on it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think companions could really use a buff. I just did a run where I took every possible companion buffer, wound up with 5 of them in the end but I wouldn't say they were super helpful. My weapon still wound up being the main damage dealer. Maybe I just didn't hit the magic pickup/trait that makes the come together.

Also I have zero clue how you can possibly get the "beat death with 10 companions" achievement. I had 5 with room for a 6th.

kaleedity posted:

try drinking the ichor next time. i promise this is not a trap

did it and lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Something that is easy to miss is that companions have weight and you can summon as many companions as you have companion weight available. Some companions only have a .5 or .25 weight which means you can have 2/4 of them out for 1 weight. (Also in case it wasn't obvious you can summon multiple companions from 1 item.)

There's also classes that have a 'free' companion or can get companions as a trait (such as Esper's double machine guns) which give you free bonus companions without needing the spend weight.

Ah, I did not know you can summon multiple from 1 item. I assume every companion that's offered in an item pickup is 1, but I haven't checked. I had 5 with the 3 that come with necromancer and then 2 granted as bonuses on items, but with an extra companion weight available, I could have spawned 3 more skeletons to get up to 8 total. I guess it's in striking distance of that 10 achievement.

No Wave posted:

I've never bothered with all-companion builds the math just doesnt work out, there arent enough scaling factors to get them close to your own damage.

I got that achievement with Ninja, who's definitely the easiest way to ger it.

Yeah, I wanted to try it out, but it's been pretty clear to me most of the time with the game that the companion buffs are nowhere near as good as the normal weapon/equipment/perk synergies.

I just realized though I didn't try to spec mastery for it. There might be something in the tree that helps.

Respec-ing the masteries is just such a huge pain the rear end though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Suppression being moved up is a really good change.

Yeah it did not make a lot of sense that the red block and evade were top level but suppression was behind armor

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just found out you can bomb an arcade machine for dice. The payout on arcades are so digusting

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can consistently get 10 pulls before it breaks.

Yeah, I get a shitload of pulls usually. It's very OP, worth spending everything you got on usually.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

I've never bothered with all-companion builds the math just doesnt work out, there arent enough scaling factors to get them close to your own damage.

I got that achievement with Ninja, who's definitely the easiest way to ger it.

Ohhhhhh, I see why ninja. Just did a run with Swagger (triggers on-dash effect after 5 primary attacks) with a very fast weapon. I must have had 30 of those little shadow dudes running around the boss arena.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Playing with CRT mode on makes you the most hardcore of all of us

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Yes but I am too lazy to constantly reshuffle my masteries for a marginal advantage.

A loadout save feature would be nice, so I'd only have to do it once

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright, got the beat Death with every character achievement AND did it with a Tazer +8, so got that tough achievement out of the way too.

I dunno how you get the "Beat Death with 10 luck" one. I think I've maxed out at 3. Is there a character with a trait I'm not thinking of?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK I've 100%'d this. When's the next update?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

The Void Rains Upon Her Heart is just legitimately one of the best games made in the past 10 or so years.

Early Access for 6 years huh?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Really interesting. I hated using a lot of the spellbook, but I dunno if I like the idea of not handling the firing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Futaba Anzu posted:

that's pretty insane to me considering i thought codecs were among the most broken weapons in the game

They often are. They're also really annoying to aim