Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The dice guy in the tavern gives law and that's the only other thing I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I just play on cinder 12, twice enchanted/boss enchantments/doomed to fail/boss robot minions are just miserable to deal with imo.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I actually really like the one where you start with 1hp and no flasks, it makes the first floor actually feel tense/like it matters literally at all. Also means you have a reason to care about early sources of healing/defense instead of being able to basically just sleepwalk through like half of the game.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I saw a +1 companion limit charm, one single run.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

My one bard run got a kazoo which then killed every boss instantaneously with the gloves that swap crushing hits with the more max damage version, so bard is clearly good actually.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Game feels significantly easier after this patch, even while turning on all the cinders instead of just most of them. Not having "brink of death" is just such an absurdly massive power boost on top of a bunch of player options being made actually useful.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I don't particularly like the pestilent enemies much I think, they're extremely harmless because the enemy they're tied to gets a huge hp buff so it's almost always the last thing to die, so you just have to kill a bunch of floor 1 tier enemies after the room's already cleared out.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I feel like companions/trigger damage just need to have some small built in stat scaling, because such a huge portion of your damage scaling comes from that and the fixed damage amounts that scale off exp just don't keep up at all. Or just have it keep scaling per exp after level cap maybe.
As is, companions/triggered damage etc contribute a lot of damage until near the end of the base run and then fall off a cliff, or are auras and are overtuned enough to continue contributing while also giving base damage for your weapons which have actual scaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Random thing that I'm curious about, what do people use for their campfire gift? I've been exclusively using the bomb bag because missing out on early secret rooms due to not having bombs is awful.