Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This game is fun but I'm getting really annoyed at just the... utter lack of healing. I'll get multiple flask filling, taverns, even health fountain options when sitting at full HP... but when I'm at one heart and out of flasks I'll go through 3 floors without a single one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's a meta upgrade that makes healing events more common when you're at 1 heart, if that helps.

Also, Cinder 12 is when it starts to get really rough. Bosses having enchants is rooooough.

I have that meta upgrade. I've lost my last 4 runs all because I will go 2-3+ floors on half a heart without finding a single way to heal.

It's actually making me annoyed, because I keep getting these good runs that get to floor 9-10, but they've been on one hit from death for 3 floors and inevitably I end up taking that one hit.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've played 10 runs now, have not won a single time. Every run except for one I have gotten at least to floor 7. It feels tremendously difficult in a not very fun way. Being always 3 hits from death is fine if I can regenerate those hits reliably, but I had another run get to floor 10 that had not gotten a single healing offer despite being at 1 heart from floor 5.

It's really getting quite bothersome.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This game is definitely more difficult than most roguelikes I've played, hearing that that's almost entirely because of changes in the new update is kind of... unfortunate. Because I'm pretty close to just giving up.

Too many runs where I get offered 0 shields, 0 armor with armor on it, 0 healing, etc.