Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This game rules. I can't wait to get started with the new update :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Beat death on my second run with the Ranger, I had an extra shield but with the one charge of evade I don't think I took actual damage until the 7th floor or so. I definitely prefer it when the game is more about positioning and timing your dodges to avoid taking damage instead of relying on stacking extra dodges/shields/hearts. It is a huge help to jack the auto-aim up in the controller settings to max so literally all you need to do is hold RT and make sure you don't get hit, feels more like a vampire survivors sorta game this way and lets me focus more on my positioning.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Turin Turambar posted:

Yes, and it's notably easier to play like that than trying it with mouse + keyboard...
Kinda the easy mode the game is lacking :P

I completely agree. It's real weird you can't do it with kb+m.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Update 0.2.1 just went up

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This new campfire in between floors really makes it easy to stack tons of hearts if you're rocking the soul scarf. Use all your flasks, then fill up again for 10 souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Being able to load up on soul hearts has mitigated every lovely start I've had so far because it at least gives me some wiggle room while I try to find something better to use. Before this update it really was just 'use your skills to not get hit as much' but it seems a lot easier now as long as you know you can get 2 hearts after every boss if you switch to the scarf, attune, drink, then refill at every bonfire. I think it's good to make it more accessible in that regard but it does feel like an overcorrection to me that'll likely get another balance pass or two. Or just make the soul scarf worse or tied to a class because it's just too good to not take with this new update.