Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the upgrades. Is it worth clearing them and rebuilding from the ground up depending on what class you're doing a run for, or are there any upgrades that are always worth keeping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Good to know. I'll keep stuff I like around, then.

Also, am I missing something with Mystic? They're undertuned as gently caress. Their special skill really isn't that impressive and doesn't scale well at all.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I also scored my Cinder 16 win on the current 0.2.2 build.

I really enjoy this patch but also all the changes (that I enjoy!) are making runs a bit on the onerously long side.

I had a really deadly Repeated Attacks build going that just melted everything, but the various buffs to endgame health, resistance enchantments, and stuff like Pestilence extra enemy spawns really bogged down the run and made it take significantly longer than usual. For context, prior to 0.2, I could complete a full Megadeath run in 20 to 25 minutes. 0.2 through pre-0.2.2, a run would take about 28 to 35-38 minutes depending on how unlucky/lucky I was with rolls.

47 minutes.. woof.

Seconding this - runs are insanely long now. They should never be more than 20.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Any tips for a Thief build? Tried stacking attack speed + crit chance, going all in on dex and Alacrity/Agility/whatever it's called, etc. but I still can't beat Burning Hells.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I really want to like unarmed Monk, but this attack range is loving pitiful.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bard is also complete garbage, I have no idea what the point of its gimmick is. It doesn't provide any real advantage in power or survivability, and it doesn't change the game in an interesting way.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh gently caress since when has the Mystic's starting armor effect been infusion buffs. That's got synergy with Transcendence :eyepop:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pollyanna posted:

Oh gently caress since when has the Mystic's starting armor effect been infusion buffs. That's got synergy with Transcendence :eyepop:

I have HORRIBLE news :negative:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The maggot cinder honestly sucks and doesn’t add much.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I wonder what RubyDev thinks a glaive is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rofl what the hell :psyduck: