Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nah, they're Radiohead for the people that got lost with Kid A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Riot Bimbo posted:

can somebody itt justify the Radiohead comparisons that have dogged Muse forever?

I never got into Radiohead, i've heard a few of their radio singles and that's it, but none of them sound anything like Muse to me?

People who know both bands, what are some songs I can side-by-side that prove this loving thing? because to me it comes of as tiresome as it is inaccurate.

Radiohead were the biggest band in the UK in the mid to late 90s, playing radio friendly arena rock. In 2000 they released Kid A, which was an experimental electronic album with no singles or music videos. It was a massive critical success but didn't have the general audience pop of their older stuff, intentionally (it was Thom Yorke rejecting rock stardom). Coldplay and Muse came in at almost exactly this point to fill the niche of post-Radiohead straight up radio and music video rock bands.

They weren't ripping off Radiohead, Muse had their classical influence that stood out, but they were clearly massively influenced by Radiohead, virtually every English white guy band was. Muse and Coldplay both functioned as a "what if Kid A never happened" offramp for the people that liked the massively popular 90s rock version of Radiohead.