Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Toaster science peaked with the release of the 1948 Sunbeam Radiant Control and it's been all downhill ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Spinz posted:

3 olives

For Christmas I would like Copic Sketch set D

Thank you

i’d also like whatever this is. 3O, or anyone, buy me plat and we can discuss in DMs how you want to pay for or ship the item.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Spinz posted:

3 olives

For Christmas I would like Copic Sketch set D

Thank you

The one with 72 markers for 400$?

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Cool can't wait for my chinese wifi toaster to become part of a botnet and ddos the federal government

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Can't toast pumpernickel bread because my toaster OS is region locked

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ive never heard of any of those companies

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

brave little toaster remake but all the appliances are crappy IOT versions with touchscreens and bluetooth. They never find their master because once they walk outside of wifi range they become useless.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

remake brave little toaster but make it mad max

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Seriously though is anybody running Wolf3D on any of those toasters?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly if you get hacked because someone realized it's pitifully easy to execute a buffer overflow attack and tap into your smart house via your IoT toaster you deserve it

I bet 99% of people don't even upgrade their firmware for these things

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The one with 72 markers for 400$?

Yes

The only way I'm going to get this is from a rich goon

Although as far as big favors go I can save it for the job at Costco that I'm desperately going to want in a couple years...

Spinz fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 23, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Whose toastin?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Whose toastin?

just punched the toast instructions into the app on the entertainment center/dash/gearshift of my cybertruck and am now autopiloting home so i can eat some freshly toasted bread

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
*house burns down affluently*

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly if you get hacked because someone realized it's pitifully easy to execute a buffer overflow attack and tap into your smart house via your IoT toaster you deserve it

I bet 99% of people don't even upgrade their firmware for these things

This makes me think about my friend who was getting weird network traffic and after some troubleshooting they were stealing their net via one of those powerline adapters that let you extend signal over the electrical circuits in the building. Made him change all his info and block the devices.

IDK how his neighbor realized he was running powerline adapters or if it was just a coincidence that they found out they could get free internet but it was an adventure to solve over the phone. Also not sure how they were sharing any of the same wiring but :shrug:

In before I buy a toaster and it let's me bridge someone's network.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 23, 2023

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You fix your Cum bricks yet?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I distrust my regular kitchenaid toaster enough that I unplug it after each use

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:gas:

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

maybeadracula posted:

Seriously though is anybody running Wolf3D on any of those toasters?

https://github.com/floppes/stm32doom

This would probably work. Most small iot poo poo uses either stm32 or nrf52

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

what am i doing? nm just finishing up soldering the jtag on the motherboard of my toaster to flash it with linux and install doom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That does sound pretty Christmassy.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MrQwerty posted:

just punched the toast instructions into the app on the entertainment center/dash/gearshift of my cybertruck and am now autopiloting home so i can eat some freshly toasted bread

grok, make me toast

*toaster explodes*

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
A gas powered toaster, that sears bread in its blazing flames, does sound pretty fancy. Needs a touchscreen though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-RSC6UY74

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Over engineered garbage

Love that it has a Burnt to Charcoal setting

This guy bragging about how good it looks holding up a slice that's completely untoasted for like a half inch at the bottom

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I can't decide if a $400 toaster is dumber than something in the last place I rented: an electronic flush toilet that ran on batteries and still required pushing a button (ie it wasn't an auto-flush toilet for the elderly or less mobile folks or whatever). It would also stop working without warning every few weeks, leaving you unable to flush until you replaced the batteries.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Next they need to make smart bread. Put little edible chip or something so the smart toaster knows I'm getting toward the end of the loaf and automatically orders a loaf of bread from Amazon.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Allow me to introduce my newest invention, for fans of toast who are just too busy to wait for the toasting process: bread. No longer are you held to the time consuming process to create toast, simply grab and go!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Next they need to make smart bread. Put little edible chip or something so the smart toaster knows I'm getting toward the end of the loaf and automatically orders a loaf of bread from Amazon.

The loaf is in reference to the bread here... right?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
When your mom loafs around the house, she really loafs around the house, if you know what I'm saying

She shits everywhere

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Grey Cat posted:

The loaf is in reference to the bread here... right?

No, it's the meat.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

No, it's the meat.

Good, for a moment I was thinking you meant the poop. I'm not ready for my toaster to monitor that.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

It's kind of passive aggressive for a layperson to have to operate a toaster by telling it how to cook something. It should just scan the QR code on a package of things you want to toast to know how to prepare it for you.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Toast is pretty complicated. i leave it to my personal chef, or Ceffiou as they're known by us 'higher ups'.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I won't be satisfied until there is a toaster that just prints toast with your preferred...toppings?

Zugzwang posted:

The toaster costs 40% more if you want the version that isn't ad-supported

What they don't tell you is that when ads become a part of your diet you cannot skip ads.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Grey Cat posted:

Good, for a moment I was thinking you meant the poop. I'm not ready for my toaster to monitor that.

Well do you really want to buy another appliance just for that! Why not throw away all your other appliances and medical professionals, and just get a smart toaster that can do it all!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh good another appliance with a loving light on it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Oh good another appliance with a loving light on it

make all appliances come standard with gamer LEDs and see if they get rid of lights, or the public decides to make every appliance bright and gaudy as gently caress imo

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
The screens on all those toasters make the toasters look gaudy af, maybe they look better in prison but I doubt it. Don't ugly up my kitchen with those toasters!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

make all appliances come standard with gamer LEDs and see if they get rid of lights, or the public decides to make every appliance bright and gaudy as gently caress imo

Yeah but make it all neon and dry ice so finally we can start the day in the cyberpunk dystopia we deserve.