Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Oh that's what breadtube is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Still the best way.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Still the best way.

C'mon, that's even worse than being 3O. Who has a fireplace and tiny bread pitchforks these days?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

...Who has a... tiny bread pitchforks these days?

Those looking to be able to beat away the fey folk in style?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

maybeadracula posted:

This guy bragging about how good it looks holding up a slice that's completely untoasted for like a half inch at the bottom

:lol: at this and at the Panini Press optional accessory that would squirt hot cheese all over the inside of your toaster.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

kntfkr posted:

put ur dick in it idiot!

Turn it on first tho

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

Turn it on first tho

Oh the toaster is programed to always be turned on.

:wink:

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

dr_rat posted:

Oh the toaster is programed to always be turned on.

:wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbyJGM1iUY

Every time I boot my toaster

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

But can they play DOOM?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

3O can your toaster play DOOM?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

appliances should all have extremely solid knobs and switches like the apollo modules and other spacecraft. no goddamn touch screens ever.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Appliances should hook into you brain via large wires, so you can most easily adjust them with just your thoughts while they fill your brain with spyware.

How can a toaster truly make me the most perfect toast if it doesn't know my inner most thoughts and secrets (collected personal data may be on sold to third parties).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Grant them sapience so the brave little toaster can be reality.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

goatface posted:

They tired that. It ended basically like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZq7fW6ftlU&t=42s
But you know with more toast involved.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

goatface posted:

Grant appliances human rights so nobody can violate them by granting them sapience.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anyone get the iToaster?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Anyone get the iToaster?

I prefer the BreadBox ecosystem myself

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

the best #bread to put in your touchscreen toaster comes from Rizen. For only $30 a week they send you all the ingredients you need to make fresh bread in the comfort of your own home. Choose from dozens of bread styles and make yourself up to 10 loaves a month. No measuring required, just mix, knead, and bake!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Does a #Rizen subscription provide custom toasting profiles that are compatible with all smart toasters?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Three Olives posted:

There is even an budget option if a color LCD isn't in the cards, the SEEDEEM Toaster:

SEEDEEM NUTZ lmao got em

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hey T0 I actually used this bit at an Xmas gathering last night and I hit it at just the right time, and got some laughs and then other people started riffing on the concept till we got to the IoT toilet with an expired subscription. It was good clean fun, thank you.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
You tip the toaster into the bathtub with you but sweet escape from this hellworld does not come because you aren't subscribed to the software updates

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Animal-Mother posted:

You tip the toaster into the bathtub with you but sweet escape from this hellworld does not come because you aren't subscribed to the software updates

I bet you didn't even pay for the special bathwater

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm not sure if these are real toasters or if 3o is doing a Photoshop bit. Either way it's pretty sad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

I'm not sure if these are real toasters or is 3o is doing a Photoshop bit. Either way it's pretty sad.

Subscribe with the times old man!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

:lol: at this and at the Panini Press optional accessory that would squirt hot cheese all over the inside of your toaster.

Actually no, I use the panini press all the time, it's never created a mess.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Call Your Grandma posted:

the best #bread to put in your touchscreen toaster comes from Rizen. For only $30 a week they send you all the ingredients you need to make fresh bread in the comfort of your own home. Choose from dozens of bread styles and make yourself up to 10 loaves a month. No measuring required, just mix, knead, and bake!

Bah $30 a week? What sort of plebs do you think we are, do you have any sort of premium membership, I don't want to share the same flour as commoners.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Outrail posted:

Grant appliances human rights so nobody can violate them by granting them sapience.

Grant humans rights and take away their sapience.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

3O chowin down on a smart toaster panini while gazing at the plebs of GBS, a look of expectation crossing his face for a moment

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Order now and get a 5$ Butter Up discount!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Three Olives posted:

Actually no, I use the panini press all the time, it's never created a mess.

Post the sandwich

Can't see how it could work unless you make a lovely sandwich with one thin slice of unmelting vegan cheese or something

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wow, that's only $13 a loaf. I see you can really save money by making bread yourself!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Whatever happened to bread makers? I remember they were a real thing in the like 90s? It was like the Instatpot fad, everyone had a bread maker.

Growing up we used to spend a few weeks every year on Molokai and there was a bakery that made a sweet bread, we used to bring back a bunch of their bread maker ingredient packs so we could have the "authentic" Molokai sweet bread with teriyaki chicken.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Three Olives posted:

Whatever happened to bread makers? I remember they were a real thing in the like 90s? It was like the Instatpot fad, everyone had a bread maker.

Growing up we used to spend a few weeks every year on Molokai and there was a bakery that made a sweet bread, we used to bring back a bunch of their bread maker ingredient packs so we could have the "authentic" Molokai sweet bread with teriyaki chicken.

My Aunt and Uncle have one and make fresh bread everyday with it. I hear generally though people commonly just brought one, used it once or twice than forgot about it. Personally I don't think there's to much use for them as I tend to just make my own bread from scratch and like it's not that hard about 30 minutes of actual work could make you bread for a week, and making it yourself you can tweak the recipe to how you like it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Summers in Rangoon...

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Fuuuuuuck, mine's been hacked touch screen displays Jolly Roger and bread comes out as pirate flags :angrey: getting emails to pay ransom

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It costs 0.00006 BTC every time I activate my Toastero

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

im in ur toaster, haxxor ur bread

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You jump out of bed all excited to make breakfast toast using your brand new LCD screen toaster. You even updated the ROM last night.But when you look at the screen, it's Goatse, there are no buttons.You try tapping the balls, wedding ring and the hole iself, all without success. The Goatse hole stares at you mockingly. There will be no toast today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BigBadSteve posted:

You jump out of bed all excited to make breakfast toast using your brand new LCD screen toaster. You even updated the ROM last night.But when you look at the screen, it's Goatse, there are no buttons.You try tapping the balls, wedding ring and the hole iself, all without success. The Goatse hole stares at you mockingly. There will be no toast today.

Look if you don't know how to navigate a Goatse based operating system by 2023 you don't deserve toast. :colbert: