Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Oof, checked my list and I've only watched 9 eligible shows and I wouldn't put 5 of those on a top 10 list. Guess I've got some good shows to cram into the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Honorable mention - I'm sure Reservation Dogs would be near the top but I only just finished season 1 and I'm taking a break before getting to 2 let alone 3. Great show, love those kids.

10. Willow - Only the last few episodes were in 2023 but it was a great show and they killed it unjustly so I'm putting it on my list. The original movie Willow didn't capture me like some other genre movies of my childhood but it was memorable enough I'm not surprised it got this follow up, though thats a low bar as the past and nostalgia get mined for content. It was fun to see some of the returning cast for the show 34 years later, though it was too bad the covid lockdown and recovery from throat cancer kept Val Kilmer from taking an active role in the show. The cast new and old was great and the story interesting. Is there even a way to watch this now besides :filez:? It didn't deserve to be exiled to oblivion.

9. from - The story of people stuck in a small town menaced by monsters. I'm still in it to see if we get the answers we didn't get from Lost. It introduced too many new characters to be higher on my list, but I'll still be signing up for Epix again next season when they get to it. Points off for a terrible name.

8. Ahsoka - rest in peace Ray Stevenson. The rest of the cast wasn't bad but I wanted more of his character and its a drat shame we won't get it now. Maybe they can move him to animation and continue his story there. Great looking show with some cool settings but Filoni really needs to learn to do better space fights than just chases and kiting.

7. Murder at the End of the World - the mystery itself flopped for me at the end but I want more mystery shows in cool settings and/or buildings. I also want a show headlined by Alice Braga, her doctor astronaut detective character was the best of them.

6. Fall of the House of Usher - some great acting and emoting, and interesting takes on Poe's stories. I liked Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass better but this was still pretty solid and a great October watch.

5. Loki - Easily the best Marvel tv and I don't even really like Loki though Hiddleston has his moments and his supporting cast was good.

4. The Last of Us - I expected this to be good and it didn't let me down. Some great individual episodes, the show is brought down a bit by some dumb choices. The supporting cast stories were done really well, especially episode 3's.

3. Wheel of Time - Season two was so much better than the first one. It helped they got to lean into the Forsaken hamming it up, and I'm excited to see more in the next season. The Two Rivers kids weren't bad. I'm probably rating this higher on my list because of the weight of the book series and in the hopes the quality keeps going up. Hopefully it rubs off on Rings of Power and that comes back stronger as well though i'm not confident with what I'm hearing.

2. One Piece - I've never really liked much shonen anime and still don't. I enjoyed this show so much I went back to the anime after writing it off decades ago. But it just drags the story out too much and I didn't make it far. I preferred the changes they made for this live action version. They nailed the cast from what I could tell, and they were having a lot of fun making it. I clicked on most of the netflix promos they hit my feed with, and that led to clips of the cartoon showing up as well. I think I ended up watching like 3 episodes somewhere in the 900s, playing out backwards, just by clicking on random clips people uploaded. It's too bad Cowboy Bebop couldn't be this fun.

1. Frieren: Beyond Journey's End - Beautiful show about paying more attention to the lives and life around you. Love the characters, the music, the story and the art. The only show I watch as soon as possible in an age where I mostly wait for seasons of good tv to finish and get around to them when I'm in the mood, which can take a year or five.