Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Oasx posted:

Cunk on Earth was going to make my top 10 :ohdear:

Mine too. Great show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Okay I guess I'll fumble together a list

Noteworthy: Cunk on Earth, Obliterated, Paul T. Goldman, The Curse, Jury duty, Hilda, The Bear, Silo, Scott Pilgrim Takes Off

10 One Piece A good adaption of the source material with some adequate streamlining. Some friends of mine were annoyed by every single deviation or missing character, but I felt it flowed quite nicely.

9 I Think You Should Leave A well written sketch show. Some of them didn't land, but some were uproarious.

8 Beef A nice little story about how some people are inherently broken and can't find happiness without self sabotage. The actors were great in this one.

7 The Last of Us The lead characters are well cast and they have some good scenery pictures and the effects are well done. The story was really close to the source material.

6 Barry This series just really hit some dark part of my humor and I'm sad that it's over, while it feels like it was time for this.

5 Pokerface This show has a fun murder of the week structure and the characters are delightful.

4 Mrs. Davis This story thrives on it's weird world building and it had me guessing what's going on there. It's really silly, but I loved it.

3 The Other Two Apparently the showrunners of this weren't really nice people to their staff, which makes this hit a bit too close to home, but this whole show was so incredibly good. It also has a silly funny parody cartoon world, which still feels realistic somehow. To this day it's one of the few shows I did a full rewatch off.

2 Frieren Beyond Journey's End A really fine adaption of a manga I've been following for years. The manga itself is great, but the adaption stays really close to it and improves it by adding gorgeous animation and a stunning soundtrack.

1 Blue Eye Samurai If you're hanging around here, you probably already heard of this show. It really is as good as everyone's saying! It's a tale of rage, revenge and self improvement. The battle scenes were so dynamic and the camera shots so fluid. This is a level of quality you can only reach with animation.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 15, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yesss! Join us on the party bus!

It's a fun show I would never have given a chance if I hadn't heard good things about it. Everyone is a complete stereotype but they all have a character arc. And the music was legitimately awesome. There's always this scifi spy suspense-beat in the background and sometimes when scenes get ridiculous they start blasting party stuff.
If you want silly bonkers fun with not the slightest bit of class, this is a good pick.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 12, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I think the Beef controversy is mostly about one of the cast members being a huge piece of poo poo? I don’t think it sours the show as a whole.

Anyway now Fargo is over I can begin making my list!!!

It feels unfair to let the 2024 part influence you with regards to Fargo. The finale was amazing, but it felt like the show was dragging it's heels a bit to much last year.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I disagree with every part of that post tbh!

So you didn't like the finale? :v:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Looten Plunder posted:

:siren:New Deadline is Midnight Jan 31st:siren:

I assume that's midnight EST?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks Looten. That was a fun read.
But the thing I notice most is that way to few people must have seen Blue Eye Samurai, if it was only mentioned three times.