Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Here are my fav TV shows I watched this year, some are older. I didn't watch 10 shows that aired in 2023, so this one isn't counted, but here's some stuff, gotta love TV.

1. Succession

This show is incredible. I watched the whole thing within a few weeks, started the first season and saw the finale. Best binge in a long time, and what a wonderful cast of characters. Such incredible dialogue, so well done all around. I had heard it was cool for years, but for me it's so much more amazing and charming than I expected. And so funny. It plays.

2. Battlestar Galactica

The 2003 mini-series and the first couple seasons of the show so far. Just awesome stuff, it's a pressure cooker. And just really entertaining, what an awesome crew. Edward James Olmos is so intense, in such a fun way, intense in a fun way probably sums up the show too. Wherever it goes, I love what I've seen so far.

3. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Continuing the theme, this is a show that I had known of for years, did not think I'd get this into it. Completely knocked my socks off, one of the tightest most packed with comedy quality shows ever. Pretty pretty good.

4. Barry

Loved this show, and that final season is really really cool. For me this is like the Better Call Saul of this year, both of these had really satisfying final seasons. And talk about a Henry Winkler renaissance we're in!

5. One Piece (live-action)

One of my fav anime and manga series since High School, so awesome. This adaptation is a lot of fun too, and I like that it got people I know to give One Piece more kudos, even if anime/manga isn't their thing. But I sure recommend those to anyone interested! Pirates with style, man they're inspiring and cool.

And honorable mention to Miami Vice, Columbo, episodic shows of old. Also Moonlighting is incredible. I've enjoyed other vintage anime like Slam Dunk lately too, and always watching Lupin the Third. Rock on folks.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU